That doohickey that cuts the rounded corners...??

blackroseivy

...what is that thing called?? :confused:

A "corner-cutter"??

THAT would be the obvious answer, but I wanted to check!

Die-cut, rounded corners. I will have to cut the corners on my own deck & want the proper equipment!! :D

Sidhe-Ra

I think you're right, it's a corner cutter- any decent craft store should have them!

Good luck! I hope the printer does a good job :)

Blessings,

Em x

Chronata

The one I use is just called a corner rounder punch.

It's an awesome tool.

But I have to use mine with a hammer. :D

blackroseivy

Thanx SO much!! :D I appreciate all the input!

I DID find one on eBay - not so hard to find after all, & CHEAP!! I am happy!!!! :D

Lillie

Do you know what?
I was at this craft shop place the other day, and they do loads of stuff for card making and scrapbooking.

I was looking at the corner cutters there.
They had loads, all sorts that would cut your corners into the most amazing beautiful shapes.
Not one single one that would just do plain rounded corners!
Duh!

To be honest, I like square corners.
It looks nice.

Anyhow, I was in there for something else. Modeling clay.
I have made a small dish.

But I just thought I would share my 'corner cutter' experience.
Not that it's relevant.
But some of them were beautiful.
I was imagining tarot decks with really fancy corners.
But of course it wouldn't be practical to shuffle them.

Chronata

oh Lillie!
I have a couple of those sorts of corner punches too!

Great for scrapbooks and hand made greeting cards and such...but yeah...not so sure of the tarot use yet...
although I did just get one that rounds the corner...like any rounded punch...and then also adds a little swirly cutout right beneath it!

That might be kinda cool for a deck!

Oh...and to add to further confusion...there are a couple of different SIZE corner rounders too...depending on the company...you can get small... medium and so large that it cuts off half the card!

December Fairy

They are corner punches. I have some decorative corner punches and love them.

DraagonStorm

I got lucky and won a Manual Lassco Corner Rounder on ebay for $250. It's a standup unit that cuts a stack up to 1/2 inch at a time. These sell new for $900+!!! Sure makes a difference in cutting the corners on a deck!!!!!!!!! But the little corner cutters do great too. I still have the small one if anyone wants it just pm me, I don't see me using it now that I have the 'big unit'.... First come, first get!

BB
DraagonStorm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Small hand corner cutter being sent to gregory........6/11

December Fairy

DraagonStorm said:
I got lucky and won a Manual Lassco Corner Rounder on ebay for $250. It's a standup unit that cuts a stack up to 1/2 inch at a time. These sell new for $900+!!! Sure makes a difference in cutting the corners on a deck!!!!!!!!! But the little corner cutters do great too. I still have the small one if anyone wants it just pm me, I don't see me using it now that I have the 'big unit'.... First come, first get!

BB
DraagonStorm

Wow, I never heard of it. I looked it up and looks like a great cutter to have. Do you cut alot of cards?

Lillie

I imagine that the spiro tarot will all have beautifully rounded corners!

If cards are being done singley, is it easy to match up all the corners so they all get cut the same?

I don't suppose I will ever do a deck of my own, but I sort of collect all this information about it just incase!

(I can dream!)