The Tarot of the Ancient Celts to be resurrected!

blackroseivy

:D

Indeed & indeed, I am in the final phases (AT LONG BLEDDY LAST) with this project!!! :D

I am done with all but the final details in the text (descriptions & facts on a few final Minors). Very pleased with it all.

The catch lies in the fact that I must now print out all 78 images, & reproduce them - as colored pencil drawings!! :(

You see, I was working at only 72 dpi. Never even knew that that was a no-no until relatively recently. Unpublishable in the present form, even for me to do it on my own, I now must go back over my work in a new way - but no fears here, I know I can do it, & the results should be both much more cohesive than the originals, & very lovely into the bargain.

I am figuring on bringing this idea to Schiffer. I have a 2nd idea whose time is not yet come, I am afraid - such $$$ & time to go into it, not to mention that the space required is at a high premium where I now am - & so, this may have to wait until I have (FINALLY) moved from where I now am.

Just thought that there might be a person or 2 interested in this deck finally seeing the light of day, sometime very soon...

kwesifriends

wow thats great I love image with pencil texture of drawings. Don't worry you can finish thats just have fun making. Excited to see.

blackroseivy

Yeah, I'll show a little when there is something to show - I'm not going to post the entire deck here (I've had bad experiences with posting my images in the past), but I promise I will show something, & that right soonish. :D

blackroseivy

Oh, I meant to say - Schiffer was MOST interested in my other idea, & even though this one is very different, I have high hopes for it with them, especially after having seen what they have already done. :)

kwesifriends

I'm counting on you in your new project I wish much better much much much.... Wish you luck again. I'll watch this thread so I will remember to see the images don't worry I won't steal them have fun. by the way how about puuting a copyrighted name below so that they wont steal it.

blackroseivy

Well, you see - the REAL problem is not the image itself, but rather the IDEA contained therein. I had an experience of someone "riffing" on an original idea I had in this deck, so I'd rather just be cagey about the images & not show more than maybe 1 or 2 - just ones that aren't astonishing in & of themselves, I'm afraid! :( That would not be very good promotion, but I don't want that experience repeated.

Anyway, I will certainly post in less-than-fabulous res, just to keep people's mitts off the originals, as well, no fear! ;)

Thank you for the encouragement, hope to show something soon, as I say...

truelighth

Good luck, Blackroseivy, with the redrawing and adjusting. I for one have been waiting to see this deck in print. So I hope you get it to work and published! :D

blackroseivy

Wow, how lovely of you to not have forgotten me utterly by this time, true! :D

I hope to get the interest of Schiffer - if not, perhaps it will be self-published. We shall see...

truelighth

blackroseivy said:
Wow, how lovely of you to not have forgotten me utterly by this time, true! :D

I hope to get the interest of Schiffer - if not, perhaps it will be self-published. We shall see...

Nah, I haven't forgotten you. Your deck was and is still on my wishlist and I am still hoping to hold a copy in my hands one day :D. Fingers crossed eh? :)

Neely75

I am another one who is very interested in seeing your Tarot of the Ancient Celts. I have been reading sooo much about these people, my pile of books just keeps on getting higher! I am looking forward to seeing your work.

Good luck with your upcoming project!