Tarot decks through the post!

Awkward.turtle91

My Lord something isn't quite right today! I ordered two tarot decks at the same time as each other :) but one came threw earlier then the other and they had the same estimated time of arrival!

So I picked up my deck and felt it hoping for les vampires to come but it wasn't (I don't know why I'm not that great at oracle)

I opened up the package in excitement and realised it was the wheel of the year tarot!

Picked it up instantly I got butterflies and felt a little odd, took it out of the packet I was sat flicking through the cards and I felt it even more.

Does any one else get like this in with their decks?,
It won't allow me to upload an image so I can't show you!
Xx

Achlys

For the most part, I usually get excited when opening and using a new deck. It's kind of like getting acquainted with a new friend.
I've also had the opposite happen with a deck when I've bought it and then, oh no, the deck didn't quite live up to my expectations. But that's when I'll gift it or trade it away for a deck I do want.

Gwynydd

Do you like the deck? I've been attracted to that deck for a while

Awkward.turtle91

For the most part, I usually get excited when opening and using a new deck. It's kind of like getting acquainted with a new friend.
I've also had the opposite happen with a deck when I've bought it and then, oh no, the deck didn't quite live up to my expectations. But that's when I'll gift it or trade it away for a deck I do want.

I dont think of them as friends, maybe I should! :) I like that!
I've just cleansed them so technically I've offered them a seat and a cup of tea ;-) ahaha!

I got super hyped a little disappointed though when they weren't my oracle!
But I soon settled on the idea <3

I can't stop purchasing them!
Xx

Original Destiny

I rarely buy new decks as I have been disappointed too many times. If I order a new deck I can't wait for it to arrive then 5 minutes after I've opened it I know I've made a mistake. Even if I have spent weeks researching it and have read every review , viewed each and every card over and over again and feel that this deck will surely be ok I have always been disappointed...

Awkward.turtle91

I rarely buy new decks as I have been disappointed too many times. If I order a new deck I can't wait for it to arrive then 5 minutes after I've opened it I know I've made a mistake. Even if I have spent weeks researching it and have read every review , viewed each and every card over and over again and feel that this deck will surely be ok I have always been disappointed...

Oh that sucks destiny, maybe tarot decks aren't for you or you haven't found the one yet?,
I only buy them if I keep seeing them on advertisements more then once.

Or mentioned on here if I feel I'm being stalked.

Xx

Original Destiny

Oh that sucks destiny, maybe tarot decks aren't for you or you haven't found the one yet?,
I only buy them if I keep seeing them on advertisements more then once.

Or mentioned on here if I feel I'm being stalked.

Xx

Hi A/T...I learned Tarot on the RWS my second deck I bought in the early 70's and I cannot find anything better for me.... there was so few decks available at the time and I have used it ever since... I guess I'm looking for something that doesnt really exist but I keep looking. I was looking at the deck of the bastard recently and Im thinking I would like the whole Rws done the same way

Awkward.turtle91

Hi A/T...I learned Tarot on the RWS my second deck I bought in the early 70's and I cannot find anything better for me.... there was so few decks available at the time and I have used it ever since... I guess I'm looking for something that doesnt really exist but I keep looking. I was looking at the deck of the bastard recently and Im thinking I would like the whole Rws done the same way

Maybe you should make your own :)
maybe that's what you happen to be missing.

Or have a look into oracle, look into lucy cavindash.
i've just got into Lo scarbeo tarot they're really good and put it across in more ways then you hadn't wished for.

and chrysalis tarot for something different.

xx

Tanga

That's a shame OD. Looks like you're a hardcore original RWS user. :)
Have you looked at all the variations of the RWS clones?
I enjoy the Illuminated Tarot by Carol Hertzer - because the colours are wonderful...
http://www.soul-guidance.com/tarotdecks/page_7.htm
(And by-the-way she's retiring from making Tarot decks soon, so get one now if you like what you see. Lol).

Or sometimes I like the tinsel-town feel of the Golden Universal RWS...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/golden-universal/
This has gold foil - you can't really see it properly in any photos due to swiftly changing light reflection.

I do like the Centennial.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/smith-waite/

I agree - if the whole RWS... was done with 2nd eds. or 3rd eds (The Red Deck) style borders and extra trappings - that would make for a really cool new RWS. :)
(just for other peoples information - there's alot of RWS already in The Deck of The Bastard.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/deck-of-the-bastard/
It's a compilation of several decks. The link here shows the 1st edition.).