How long do you wait for a reading to unfold?

Hopefuldreamer

It really depends. With mine, I do try and do them for short term but it doesn't always work that way. For example, I did a month reading spread for December. I read it as having something really bad happen at the beginning of the month, but the beginning was actually really good. It wasn't until last week when something bad happened. Someone smashed one of my back windows of my car to steal my road side emergency kit. This was my own spread I made, so I didn't interpret right.

That being said, I had a reading last March with a psychic. She uses tarot and the crystal ball. It was supposed to span over three months, but even she admits her timing is off. A lot of people who get readings with her has said this as well. All the predictions she predicted for work came true over the course of the year.

A couple I didn't take too seriously (including the car one) have been happening or are going to happen and it's been months. The car one seems odd. She told me something was going to happen with my car, and I was going to fight with someone about this. Well that happened last week and I got in an argument with someone about it. This was supposed to happen in the summer though, not in December.

She also predicted (which I forgot until I read over my notes recently) that I was going to move. I didn't take this seriously because I had no intentions of moving, so I ignored it immediately. Well back in September, I decided that I want to buy a house. So I've been putting money away for it. I am having a reading with her again soon. So I was reading over my last notes to see what came true and what didn't. I saw the part about me moving and I was shocked because I forgot all about it. Of course I haven't moved yet, but I am working on doing it by March. I just have a few thousand to save.

So now with readings, I don't take them as short term. I just write them down and then forget about them but I read through the notes once and a while. Some of them I can't forget about because I want them to happen, but others I just jot them down for the sake of it. I am interested to see how my 2017 reading for myself will turn out and how hers will turn out.

Maru

This may sound strange, but probably the moment that I would normally stop thinking about it or looking for it to come true, then it would probably do so.... it's almost like letting go of the energy and it then finally being able to manifest properly.

Anecdoctally speaking here, but the issue that I have with people who seek professional readings, versus not having a working relationship with these energies themselves), often the impediment seems to be they will sometimes get a really hot reading and then from that point seem to somehow block the result, whether consciously or subconsciously, from actually happening...

I notice this mainly with really general readings, where people are waiting for the universe to make a return after a period of lack of depth in their life... and it's almost like the process of waiting is creating a block for them. The energy will be there, it'll be right... but for some reason, because the person is so fixated on the process of the ball dropping, it never actually does...

I'm a big believer that if something is meant to change, then the conditions need to clear first before new(er) energy can enter your life. So if you are waiting for money to come through that is owed, for a person to finally admit wrong (that you know gut-wise eventually will), or for a bad situation to come to it's conclusion... it's best to live, release and then let go... as there does seem to be a two-way component to some of these readings. Especially New Years readings... (at least for me)

That's why I suggest to some people who are already readers... read yourself, and let in all that does come in, even an undesired outcome, even if it is muddier and seems incorrect... for some reason, that does help to shake the block(s) that keep newer energies from coming in. It may come out to be a funky reading, but you may end up clearing roadblocks this way by getting through some of the more complicated energies (read: self-deceptions/self-created blocks) that may be blocking (not clearing) some other paths in your life... that may very well may be more prohibitive to your growth than say the one thing you may be focusing on in your life... say your love life.

Saskia

It depends on what you believe in "free will" or "predestination"? Free will is actually more of a cultural thing. The Muslim faith does not believe in free will.

Most psychics that I have met and read about don't believe in free will, but they believe in predestination. So a psychic may tell you to wait. That doesn't make them untrustworthy. It's just part of a certain small sub-culture (psychic culture). What Saskia is talking about is more of a life coach, psychological and archetypical tarot reading and she is talking about it from her own perspective and vantage point.

Good points, Laurelle. I understand I have a certain way of reading and it's more life coach/proactive. That is because I personally find it dangerous to advise anyone to merely wait, because waiting implies passivity and most things in life don't unfold to passive people. New jobs, or lost or new loves don't just walk through your door 95% of the time.

I'm surprised to hear psychics wouldn't believe in free will. What are we here for, then? Just pawns of gods experiencing what's catered for us? Then there's no point in having psychic skills either because what will come, will come, and knowing it in advance will change nothing.

Even if the event is predestined, there's always something that can be done in the meanwhile to make the wait more fruitful, such as self-reflection or change of habits.

Yes, it's my personal vantage point that if a reader told me to do nothing but wait, I wouldn't take them seriously. Energypipes puts it well by saying that if something needs to change, the "energy" around it needs to change first. Doing more of the same and expecting a different outcome is the symptom of lunacy, as Einstein said.

AnemoneRosie

I've had clients come back a year later, saying that their reading was just starting to happen.

OP, my question to you would be "what are you doing to make this reading happen?" If you're sitting by waiting for the future to be served up on a plate... you'll be waiting a while. Tarot works on a more cosmic timescale than a human one. However, while you're waiting for your plate to be served, you could be doing things to hasten it. So, what are you doing?

And, "what can I do to get to [point]?" is always a great topic for a reading. Even the most predictive of readers will tend to have an advice or suggestions card. And that card will answer the question of what you can be doing in the meantime.

headincloud

A tarot card won't point to a single meaning, there will be several scenario's within one layout, different situations and timings that fit the same cards. There's a present scenario and a future scenario both available in any one spread suggesting an energy that is surrounding you in the here and now is creating your future depending how you interact with it.

On timings this is partly because there's an expansive energy with the cards and a cyclic nature to the timings and repetition is the nature of tarot and of humans. When we pull a daily draw we usually look for the smallest nuance that the card could represent but that's not the only reading we can take for the card, we need only change our frame of reference to see things differently.

barefootlife

Thank you for all the kind responses. Now going on almost year and a half. I think the cards were just picking up my hopes all along. My ex has a new girlfriend now who looks exactly like me. Treats her better too. And to make things even worse my reader is standing by the cards and says a new beginning will happen with him and I. Highly doubt it now.

Time to find a new reader, friend. Anyone who won't admit they could be wrong, or at least misinterpreting the cards, is not someone you want to be taking your life advice from.

That said, I am also from the 'use your readings as a guide to manifest what you want' school of thought. You might find it more fulfilling to ask the cards what you can do about situations instead of things out of your control, like the actions of others. Sometimes the cards will tell you to just sit back and be still while things move around you, but most of the time there's some kind of work you have to put in to make your dreams into realities, so to speak.

Ruby Jewel

I don't read for myself, but I do get readings from a professional. I went to them at the beginning of the year with a particular question. Every few months I have gone back to see if the cards have changed in terms of the outcome and they haven't. I've even gone so far as to get a second and third opinion and have received similar cards/outcome. Here it is a year now and nothing has unfolded. I'm at a loss as to why the cards keep saying the same thing over and over but yet I don't want to give up prematurely.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The tarot doesn't predict the future, so you can't depend on a definite prediction to come true. Life isn't a fairytale. The tarot only picks up potential energy. For instance, if you drew the Ace of Cups, it would say the energy is there, but like any seed, if it doesn't get watered, the seed won't sprout. Just sitting around waiting for a prediction to come true is a waste of time. Your reader can't predict the future. They are just keeping you on a hook by telling you that....drop them and sever the relationship....and get on with your life.

JMI_Tarot

The tarot doesn't predict the future, so you can't depend on a definite prediction to come true.

I've told people that I can't tell the future but I can tell the present.

First I get a funny look, then they understand.

Ruby Jewel

I've told people that I can't tell the future but I can tell the present.

First I get a funny look, then they understand.

There is a simple explanation for the fact that the tarot does not predict future events, and that is because time is just a concept of the human mind......there is no such thing as linear time in the spiritual realm. They deal in psychic energy and the archetypal unconscious, both personal and collective.