Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I find the topic too complicated or confusing

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The topic doesn't interest me enough to join in

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CharlotteK

A mix of reasons for me. Could be a complex subject that I have no insight or informed views on and that largely goes over my head. I guess I could ask questions, but unsure if this would just be considered a bit annoying and sometimes not sure what to ask. Also hesitate sometimes as I don't want to appear stupid or ignorant, which is ridiculous really but hard not to feel a bit inferior around superior knowledge and experience!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Starshower

Hi, AnemoneRosie.
YES! I entirely agree with you here!
I read these pages quite a lot but rarely post, except on the chat pages sometimes (to connect with people out of sheer loneliness) because usually it seems that my carefully-considered posts are ignored. This may or may not be true - but it's how I feel. (Maybe depression speaking there.)
Also, if I question anything philosophically (my natural bent) people have, in the past, either reacted with anger & defensiveness or ganged up on me as if from a superior position. That could be because I was too blunt, though trying my very best not to be and to pad out any difficult or challenging ideas with friendly, mitigating words. But I hate having to tiptoe on eggshells, so I usually just keep quiet & read.

So none of your poll options fits me either.

think

My first thought was just that maybe people are a little busy! I find myself flipping from tab to tab and trying to accomplish many things simultaneously. If I had less to do I'd post more. That's just one example. I would imagine there are a multitude of reasons.

Ace

I always hit "new posts" when I enter the site, so I see what is new all over at once. I browse the head lines first--make a good headline and you will get interest. Then, I check the "tool tip"--if I pass my cursor over the headline, it gives me the first few lines of the first post. If I am STILL interested, I see how many have posted and most times, if there are more than 10 posts, I probably won't reply (the subscriber's comp excepted.) Unless I am REALLY interested and even then, if it looks like my comment has already been said, I won't add a remark. I really hate "me too!" and "like she said" comments unless you add more to that.

So I guess it comes down to, "I (too) don't think I have anything to add."

So my suggestion, BW? Ask open questions about your subject. Make it so people WANT to give their opinion. Thank them for their input (if you don't already) and comment back. And as I have done with "Name five things you are grateful for," keep the thread alive yourself by contributing to it. Sorry, if you are already doing all this, but that is my $0.02.

barb

LeFou

First, we have an increasing number of new members, both to the forum and to tarot in general...

May I ask, is this increasing number of new members based on forum stats?

Abrac

My focus has gotten pretty narrow, mainly RWS symbolism. Honestly, other subjects don't hold much of an interest to me so I don't comment. That's me, but there may be others who don't comment for similar reasons. It's a great poll though and I'm thoroughly enjoying what people are sharing. :)

Amsonia

I don't reply to threads nearly as often as I "think" about replying to threads...mostly because people seem to get defensive quickly, or judgmental. Also, much of the time I don't really have anything to add.

Disa

I started not to contribute to this post, because really- I DON'T have anything to add- haha. Everyone said what I would have said, and "me too" doesn't do anything but take up space. Unless, I suppose that someone is happy someone else feels the same way they do- I guess there's that.

So, when threads are interesting I might add something. When everything's already been said, I probably won't.

I will say that I don't often venture to the "your readings" section to give any contribution, because the majority of the times I have done it, I've been ignored. I've tried to answer those threads in the past when they didn't have many opinions, or when I had a different take than someone else posted, but it's disheartening to go through someone's reading and get no acknowledgement of your time or effort at all. I have a lot to do in my life, I try to help when I can, but sometimes I just wonder, what's the point or if I'm just wasting time.

Hopefuldreamer

It's a variety of reasons. I do come here almost everyday since I signed up and I read a lot of the posts on here. I just feel like I don't have much to add to the conversation, but I also feel so inexperienced. I've been doing tarot readings for years, but then I read what some people interpret on here for some, and I realize what I thought was right was wrong. I don't want to get judged, so I just read a lot of posts but I don't contribute. Most of the time I spend it in the tarot spreads section anyway. I like testing out different spreads for the fun of it. I also read other peoples readings to see how they interpret that same spread.

I wouldn't mind some of the other forums too, but I am not sure yet if I want to become a forum subscirber. Just because I am here a lot now, it doesn't mean I will be three months from now. I like getting my money's worth when I spend it. I am not sure if I would on this forum or any other forum. I don't always stay on sites for long, or else I do but I come and go. I've been part of a writer forum for years, but I go on it maybe once or twice a month. Since this forum is still new to me, I am here a lot now, but it likely won't be true three months from now.

AJ

I always hit "new posts" when I enter the site, so I see what is new all over at once. I browse the head lines first--make a good headline and you will get interest. Then, I check the "tool tip"--if I pass my cursor over the headline, it gives me the first few lines of the first post. If I am STILL interested, I see how many have posted and most times, if there are more than 10 posts, I probably won't reply (the subscriber's comp excepted.) Unless I am REALLY interested and even then, if it looks like my comment has already been said, I won't add a remark. I really hate "me too!" and "like she said" comments unless you add more to that. .

barb

same as Barb. I also have a great deal of the forum shut off. I only allow myself 2 hours of tech stuff a day, so my time and patience is very short

and I've read from several sources only about 10% of any group posts. The rest are lurkers or dabblers.