Multi-Author Tarot blog

Maru

Was reading the responses on Saskia's blog thread, and got me thinking. Has anyone here ever thought about starting a multi-contributor blog? Not with any single purpose, but just compilations of thought driven posts on Tarot and methods of interpreting. For fun, not for work.

Could be something for the more novice readers to get into as well

AJ

I've read several by members here, although I can't think of the blog names.

and 4 times a year there is a facebook group that links up with other bloggers on the same subject.

quilters do this also, sometimes because they are all making the same quilt. Not much help :)

Grizabella

It sounds just like what we do here. :) It would be hard to do a blog that could compare to all the information on this forum, I think. :) Especially since this is so easy to find but a blog wouldn't be, really.

Maru

I've read several by members here, although I can't think of the blog names.

and 4 times a year there is a facebook group that links up with other bloggers on the same subject.

quilters do this also, sometimes because they are all making the same quilt. Not much help :)

Interesting! I don't really search Tarot blogs so I don't know what is out there. I only know the ones that appear on Google commonly (in my search bubble at least), but was curious if these projects existed

Not sure what you mean by "Not much help". You mean because everyone is copying each other so not much to learn?
shhh.gif

It sounds just like what we do here. :) It would be hard to do a blog that could compare to all the information on this forum, I think. :) Especially since this is so easy to find but a blog wouldn't be, really.

If I joined a guest blog, it would be minor contributing. I just think for the writing side of things, if you wanted to be creative with your interpretations/perceptions and make it generally available on the web, it's a cool idea.. but yeah, for general tarot journaling, not as necessary imo... more of a creative thing and it's definitey easier than also having to manage a brand (i.e. one person blog). Blogging is so much work... but some people enjoy the process.

I've been debating creating a one person blog though. Not to compete, but just to spill my brain somewhere.

AJ

Not sure what you mean by "Not much help". You mean because everyone is copying each other so not much to learn?
shhh.gif

I meant because I couldn't link to any examples. I've since remembered there are several tarot organizations that have guest bloggers all the time.

I love writing my blog, because I makes me think about how I'm living my life. I don't write it for anyone else to read, although I do have the occasional visitor.
You have to love to write in order to write continually. There are many dead on arrival blogs of all subjects.

edited to add ATA's pubication http://www.ata-tarot.com/reflections/ they are always seeking content, and they are nice people, give it a go!

SunChariot

Was reading the responses on Saskia's blog thread, and got me thinking. Has anyone here ever thought about starting a multi-contributor blog? Not with any single purpose, but just compilations of thought driven posts on Tarot and methods of interpreting. For fun, not for work.

Could be something for the more novice readers to get into as well

I wouldn't personally. And I have had my Tarot blog 8-9 years now.

I think because different readers have such different points of views on all things Tarot, from how to learn to read, tastes in decks, how to actually read in the best ways...

Since we all differ so much in our values and beliefs, to me it might be confusing to have a blog with no set viewpoint. To me I think of my blog as a mini Tarot magazine that comes out once a month. A magazine to me, is predictable in it's views, in the focus and feel to it.

People know what to expect and it delivers it. Maybe again because I think of my blog AS a magazine. It has set columns that show up in each edition each month. Even though of course a magazine has different writers, the thing is that each Tarot reader can have very different viewpoints on all that is Tarot.

But then again Blogs can take other forms. But maybe to me it might seem confusing without a common belief system. And if 4 or more readers could be found with similar views it might seem to enforce their beliefs and make it seem that their way was the right way and other methods might not be as good.

And I guess it would need someone in charge and to edit it. As if everyone just wrote random articles, there could be items one day that completely contradicted something said the day before. And that could be very confusing to the reader.

But maybe I am just rambling. LOL

Then again, like other have said, AT itself is like a big blog where everyone talks about their decks they have and like, readings they did with them, photos and opinions on ways to read...

Babs