Death in a chart and more on Ron Arad

M-Press

Thanks, and totally no rush here...
And in case his exact name matters, it's RON ARAD.
We don't want to ask about someone else now, do we?

Minderwiz

Thanks for the correction M-Press

You're quite right!

Mystic Zyl

What do you think of Lily's study on horary?

Minderwiz

It is the classic text and used in virtually every horary course.

Even those that don't use it directly have texts that draw on it. I use it myself and its one of my most prized books.

M-Press

Who is Lily?
Is it Lee Lehman, mentioned earlier in the thread?
Is that the prized book? would like to look for it...

Minderwiz

M-Press said:
Who is Lily?
Is it Lee Lehman, mentioned earlier in the thread?
Is that the prized book? would like to look for it...

It's William Lilly - Seventeenth Century English Astrologer and definitely male! The book is Christian Astrology Books I and II, published as one volume by Ascella press. It's written in 1647, so although the print is modern the English is not, and therefore it requires a little effort to translate to modern English. It's also expensive - nearly £30.

However if you are going to get serious about horary, it is almost essential reading.

Minderwiz

Is Ron Arad Alive?

I cast a chart in the correct name at 13:44:34, 11 November 2003

The place is my own home - 53N35 2W40 This is conventional practice for the Astrologer.

The Chart has Aquarius rising, and is ruled by Saturn. The chart was cast in the hour of the Sun.

I have used Lilly as a guide here. Ron Arad is a named person but is not a friend or immediate relation of M-Press or me, so I have assigned him to the Seventh House. This has it's cusp in Leoe and so is ruled by the Sun. I can use the Sun as his significator and also I can use the Moon as well (the Moon can always be used as a second significator of the quesited).

Lilly states 'if you find the lord of his Ascendant (Sun) in the fourth or eighth, either from his own ascendant, or of the figure, that configuration is one argument that the man or woman enquired after is deceased.'

The Sun is in the eighth House of the chart, so here is one argument that he is dead. Lilly cautions that he 'hath long been absent, and in remote parts, and strong intelligence concurring therewith'. Well he has long been absent. The 'parts' may not be remote but they are hostile but the 'intelligence' is rather sketchy.

The Moon is in the fourth House of the chart, so here is a second indicator that he may be dead. The Moon is in Gemini, where it is peregrine, it is also 'beseiged' - it lies between Mars and Saturn, again this bodes ill

The Sun is in Scorpio where it is Peregrine - not strong at all. Scorpio is traditionally a sign with associations of the unfortunate. However on first sight there are some good signs - its sextile to Jupiter a benefic and sextile to the Part of Fortune. However it is also conjunct to the South Node - which is seen as malefic.

The eighth House of the Chart is ruled by Venus (Libra on the cusp) though Saturn is the Almuten at the cusp - it has dignity by exaltation and is the day triplicity ruler of Air signs. Saturn is in the fifth of the Chart and is retrograde in Cancer, where it is in detriment. Saturn is therefore very weak in this chart both by essential and accidental dignity. The cusp of the eighth is in the last degree, often seen as unfortunate and it falls in the terms of Mars another unfortunate. Venus is in the ninth of the Chart – possibly signifying a death far from home.

Ron Arad was captured by his open enemies. Open enemies are signified by the seventh House - in this case the seventh from his own house or the First house of the chart. That is ruled by Saturn which is weak and distressed in the fifth (the capture was a gamble?) but it contains Mars, the enemies are war like. Thus Ron was on a mission against a weak but hostile enemy which was engaged in war. Pisces is intercepted in his Seventh, so Jupiter too can be seen as a significator of his enemies.

His own eighth house is the second of the chart and is ruled by Mars. The Moon has recently squared Mars (unfortunate), is separating from a square to Jupiter (one of the significators of his enemies) and is also separating from an opposition to Venus (sign ruler of the Chart eighth) and is applying to an opposition to Pluto.

My conclusion is that there’s very little chance that Ron Arad is alive.

Now Pluto was not known in the Seventeenth Century so Lilly says nothing about it. However modern horary Astrologers who use Pluto would treat it as a malefic. It has associations with Scorpio, in which the Sun is based. So a modern Astrologer may well take this as a clear sign that Ron is dead.

M-Press

ouaou!!!

This is impressive Minderwiz!
I 'll have to look into it more to understand exactly how you structured it (by using your own time and place reference), but I think it makes sense, as things are supported in many places, and are relevant to the situation...

It also makes sense that he's dead?i would be surprized if it would have shown differently.
After 17 years of captivity, how can you have any moral to stay alive , anyway, and they probably killed him anyway...

The thing with this mystery is, that his name and his situation, come up once a while in the news, and there is still no closure to it. There is no body, and none claimed his death, or said that he's probabaly dead. It's like someone tries to make a nasty mind-torture-game here.

We often see people (and charts) who become famous after their death or that their legend lives after their death, or there is a comeback of something dead (like Scooby-Doo, for example, which was a cartoon dead long ago, and then...the rebirth...)

in Ron Arad's case, I see things a bit differently though... Is as a single person's fate, is connected with the very delicate situation of a whole nation (there are still discussions about "prisoners" exchange), not to mention the political situation in the Middle east, and it's a CASE that does not want to die, even if the person is dead...

i would be really interested to se his exact chart...i don't feel it's my place though to probe for it...it's a delicate situation...escpecially with our outcomes here...

Anyway, Thanks Minderwiz for all this...
It was a very interesting lesson, even though it wiped any hopes I might have had... Reality is hard to look at sometimes...
and I think that unless a case like this one, it's better to concentrate on the possibilities that we see through astrology in "life"...

gloria

just for the record, (i know this is out of this discussion) , I drew 3 cards regarding the captured navigator, and I got, Ace of Swords, Ace of pentacles, and The Fool...
Interesting, ah?
That doesn's sound very dead...

Traditionally, the Ace/Swords relates to death. Maybe Ace/pents and The Fool relates to the beginning again on another plane?

Just a thought, Gloria.

Interesting thread this. I have read that death in a chart is more often signified by trines rather than the negative aspects.
G.

Minderwiz

M-Press

We don't need to restrict the question to whether he's alive or dead. As with Tarot, any question can be asked, including where is the body.

Gloria,

Trines and sextiles show easy of flow - they may therefore show an easy exit from life! The Sun in the horary is in the eighth and trine to the Almuten of the eighth, Saturn, a malefic. Saturn is also old father time, and could be seen as the grim reaper!