water signs & Scorpio

poivre

I don't know a lot about astrology , only the basic parts. Would someone tell me which sign is in the bottom of the ocean. I had a reader tell me but don't remember. I think she told me that Cancer was on top, then Pisces, then Scorpio the bottom.

Also is there 3 types of Scorpios & what are they.

Thanks for any replys

Minderwiz

Ros,

The expression is not one that is part of mainstream Astrology and I suspect it is a personal analogy of your reader. However I can see what they mean and your ranking is probably what they meant. Scorpio is certainly the sign of the depths, especially hidden depths. Pluto, which is associated with Scorpio, is the God of mineshafts and the underworld. Of the remaining two Cancer is the sign of the crab (originally a crayfish), which is a creature of the shallows, That would put Pisces (the fish) in the middle.

On your question about types of three types of Scorpio, again I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'types'. It could mean Astrologically, people who have their Sun, Moon or Ascendant in Scorpio or it might relate to physical characteristics associated with Scorpio or it might relate to character traits. I'd probably go for the first as an explanation but if you know it refers to one of the other two then let me know and I'll come up with a better answer :)

miss_apples

Ive read somewhere that there is a 1st ascendant scorpio which is people born at the beginning of scorpio, 2nd ascendant scorpio for people born in the middle, and 3rd ascendant for people born at the end.

poivre

All I remember was one scorpio is miserable their whole life & one flys above like an eagle, there's one more also, something like that.

Minderwiz

The Eagle is actually a symbol of Scorpio, like the Scorpion.

On Miss_apples point, this is likely to refer to the decanate or ten degree division of each sign. This could be Ascendant, or Sun, or for that matter Moon. For Scorpio the first decanate is ruled by Mars, the second by the Sun and the third by Venus (even though Venus is in detriment in Scorpio). This is a somewhat unlikely trio to go together and could well be the origin of your three types.

I'll see what else I can find out.

Minderwiz

A quick search seems to suggest that a number of sites base their decaanate rulers on a more modern view, using the rulers of the other Water signs. This gives the first decante to the sign ruler and then to the other two element rulers in order.

The problem for the Water element is that most modern Astrologers allocate Pluto, rather than Mars as the ruler of Scorpio and Neptune rather than Jupiter as the ruler of Pisces.

So this produces at least two permutations

Pluto, Neptune, Moon

Mars, Jupiter, Moon

As the modern 'ruler' is really a planet with affinity to the sign and has no underlying 'system' to rulerships, I keep to the traditional rulers. Traditional rulership is an indicator of planetary strength rather than affinity.

scorpio

rostie, there are three levels of scorpios process of transformation represented by the grey lizard or scorpion that is vengeful and will sting even if it means its own death, the eagle that learns to soar above, and the phoenix that is the death that totally transforms. these stages are pictured in the death card in the merryday deck, and the eternally popular astrologer linda goodman explores that symbology in one of her books.

poivre

Scorpio
O.K. So that means wherever scorpio lands in your chart that you are one of the three?

scorpio

it's more of a general description of the "type" of scorpio you are, are you ruled by your desires and lower nature (revenge, sexual, anger), or the next stage using your intensity and passion to benefit your fellow man, or are you someone who has totally transcended the difficult events in your life (hard to describe and even HARDER to get to lol) where the scorpio influence is in your chart is where you will express these issues. for example i have scorpio sun, ascendant, venus and neptune. the sun is in the twelfth house and venus and neptune are in the first. so the scorpio issues for me will play out through 1st house areas of body, personality, how others see me. scorpio is the sign of extremes and even as a young child i had wide swings in my weight as i fixed food for myself alot and one period i invented the sugar sandwich and got real chunky and also had periods where i has not much food and was real small.