So... what did I just buy?

moon_light

* Blow several sharp breaths over the stone, imagining impurities exiting the stone with every breath.

Thanks for the tips! I just tried this and it feels a lot better now. :)

Okay, you *think* it's mad at you. What do you *feel*?

I was feeling that anxiety in a way that felt like a punishment. Now that I cleansed it, it's not doing that, but it's being pretty silent. I think I'll have to give it time.

If you do not *feel* anger from the stone, perhaps it is reflecting some of your behavior toward you. Stones do this to help us see ourselves. They love us and do what they can to help us love ourselves. When we love ourselves, we begin to love everybody.

I have had a lot of anxiety concerning my family lately. One of those is what would happen if my family (which is really religious) found out I'm doing tarot. And since I keep my rocks with my cards, it might have picked up on and reflected that.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your insights. I've learned a lot. :)

Pam O

Hi Moon_Light (Your screen name caught my eye since we are almost at the infamous Fri 13th full moon) :)

Here is my favorite book with pictures and general healing properties that seems to resonate pretty well overall:

Crystal Bible by Judy Hall
(The 1st version is most popular stones including the ones that you listed. I don't have the 2nd version since that is about more obscure crystals.)

Enjoy your new stones & crystals!!!!! :D

Onion Budgie

I'm glad that helped, moon light. That's the method I use too, for tumblestones. I tend to use singing bowl sounds for my crystal skulls. I imagine them enjoying that rather more than me blowing garlic breath or whatever in their face. :D

moon_light

Here is my favorite book with pictures and general healing properties that seems to resonate pretty well overall:

Crystal Bible by Judy Hall
(The 1st version is most popular stones including the ones that you listed. I don't have the 2nd version since that is about more obscure crystals.)

Thanks for the recommendation! If I decide to further pursue this, I will definitely check it out.

I tend to use singing bowl sounds for my crystal skulls. I imagine them enjoying that rather more than me blowing garlic breath or whatever in their face. :D

Yeah, if it's human-looking, we anthropomorphize more. ;)