First pendulum...

Darkmage

It's very pretty.

If it called to you, then it should fit. You can make a pendulum out of pretty much any sort of weight and a piece of chain or string. People have made them out of crystals, nails, washers, jewelry, you name it. So long as the weight is balanced and heavy enough to not be blown around by say, a room fan, you should be good to go.

It's your call. If you like it, buy it. If you're not sure, then hold off. *shrug*

Sorry that there's not more I can tell you.

etherealtarot

I really do love it. It was the first one that caught my eye more than all the others. The birth sign is a Capricorn which is actually my sign so I think I will buy it :) Thank you!

Do you have a pendulum? Can you tell me a bit about your experience?

Darkmage

I've probably got a good half dozen pendulums. I've got a brass one, a hematite one, a couple clear quartz ones, a tiger eye one, and a couple of others, including a large tacky plastic one that came with and stays with the old Kreskin's ESP board game.

Most of mine are actually crystal pendants bought from a rock shop. They came with black nylon cord for necklaces, so I just cut the cord to the length I wanted, tied one end on the pendant, and put a bead on the other end so it would look finished. All of them work fine.

What do you want to know about my experiences? I've found that the pendulum is like Tarot cards--there's no intrinsic power in the pendulum itself, but everything comes down to the skill of the operator.

Look around online for good training exercises. Write everything down. Practice practice practice.

Briar Rose

Did you ever order your pendulum? I ordered a whole set last month from:
7stones on etsy and it was well worth it. You have the cage, which you then can put any crystal in. Also, a beautiful Amethyst is included in the set. I love it. I put each stone into those Chakra healing bags I made.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154109023/silver-triquetra-cage-pendulum-with?ref=favs_view_2

I also made a bunch of pendy's and bought a pendy box from this seller on ebay that I love:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/giventake74...me=STRK:MEWNX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

She is so creative and the box has nice energy to it.