Poll Results: Best Decks of 2012 and All Time

Zephyros

Drum roll please... :D

First, very, very great thanks to my anonymous benefactor who renewed my subscription. I wish you didn't stay anonymous, but I'll just have to try to be nice to everyone as a result. :)

And now to the poll. Since this was an unofficial poll, in cases of ties I allowed myself to include all the tied decks, since... why not. Also, things may have gotten a little wonky with such a small bank of figures to work with, as well as being impossible to concatenate a list of ten decks in each list (decks with one vote, of which there were many, were dropped). In the case of historical decks, I preferred to unify the results so that they would have representation, so the list is a bit skewed. I did separate the Sola Busca from other historical decks. In addition, the Steampunk decks were unified, although I am less than comfortable with that, although it was kind of a necessity. Still, the results were surprising. And here they are:

Aeclectic's Best Decks of All Time
Rider-Waite-Smith: 23
Thoth: 19
Historical(Visconti, TDM, Dodal, 1JJ Swiss, Soprafino): 7
Greenwood: 5
Druidcraft: 4
Sola Busca, Liber T, Deviant Moon: 3

Aeclectic's Best Decks of 2012
Mary-El: 19
Daniloff: 17
Wild Unknown, Tarot of the Absurd: 10
Gilded Royal: 8
Steampunk: 7
Historical (Robledo TDM, Pierre Madiene): 4

Just a few statistics: 104 people voted, which are 0.003% of the total members of aeclectic, and 3.59% of the active members. 33 decks were suggested in the All Time category, while 21 different decks were suggested in the 2012 category. Three votes had to be disqualified. All in all not that surprising, except for the Thoth. With that big a percentage of votes one would expect that Thoth forum to be teeming, but I guess everyone has their reasons. I'm glad the historical decks got their day, though.

Le Fanu

Now that feels a lot more rounded. I can understand every one of those choices.

I can't say more as I didn't vote so it wouldn't be my place to dissect too much, but I think all of those deserve a place.

HuskyChariot

Even though I did not vote as I couldn't decide :)....

this list feels more representative of the decks that find their way into discussions and gushings around the forum, IMHO

Mi-Shell

Thank you sooo much, closrapexa, for running this poll and all the work you put into it! :)

Alta

Very understandable results. Fun, and thanks for doing this.

Tarotwolf

These results look to me to reflect a "legit" poll - more so than the legitimate one.

magpie9

Very interesting, and not very surprising. I too think it reflects the opinions expressed in the Forum well. Thanks for all your hard work, Closrapexa. Well Done!!

Dan S

yes, thanks closrapexa! I enjoyed reading everyone's choices, and the compiled results are interesting.

Carla

Yes, this is a much more understandable result. Not surprised by it at all. Thank you for your efforts!

Emily

Thanks for doing this - and at last the Liber T made a list :D