I need help on readability !!

ana luisa

I decided to give myself a deck for mother's day. since I simply cannot afford 2, especially with the horrendous shipping costs to Rio, I am torn between two decks.
WITCHES TAROT by Ellen Dugan and THE BAROQUE BOHEMIAN CATS' TAROT by Karen.
I know, I know! They are COMPLETELY different. From the vibes to the spirit of the reading. However, I would like to know how they read . Which one is easier to understand and gives more straigthforward messages ? Which one is more user-friendly ?
I would love to get both and eventually will but for now, I have to focus on one. I would really appreciate any input on the matter :) Thank you guys :thumbsup:

RunningWild

I don't have the Witch's deck but I do have the BBC and for me it reads really well. Plus you might consider that the Witch's deck will be out for a while but MRP decks have a habit of not being on the market all that long.

ana luisa

I don't have the Witch's deck but I do have the BBC and for me it reads really well. Plus you might consider that the Witch's deck will be out for a while but MRP decks have a habit of not being on the market all that long.

I thought about that too! It's a shame. Baba has such wonderful decks but they all seem to be "fleeting". A great point to consider, thanks ! :thumbsup:

morganesky

Witches is one I am considering in the future but I can highly recommend Bohemian Cats, very accurate in readings for me. But do expect to become Baba addicted!

ana luisa

Witches is one I am considering in the future but I can highly recommend Bohemian Cats, very accurate in readings for me. But do expect to become Baba addicted!
Thank you for chipping in ;)
I already own gems from Baba ! The Victorian, the Flower oracle and the out of print Fantastic Menagerie. I LOVE them all for their art but the only one that reads well so far is the Flower oracle. The Victorian loses me on its beauty (I keep admiring the scenes and get blocked reading syndrome) and the FM is a very agressive deck (it maeks me feel very tense and uneasy- I HAVE to conquer this sooner or later) !
I am leaning towards the Cats then. I wonder if anyone has already used the Witches...

Disa

I'm sorry to say the Witches Tarot was a huge disappointment. I cannot bring myself to look at it. I am trying to love it because I like Ellen Dugan's other work... I would get the Babba deck while you can. I'm sure if later you want a witches tarot many of us will sell you ours :) - if for some reason you can't find it.

morganesky

Funny that you mention that about the Victorian Flower Oracle, I bought and sold it for the very same reasons, and thought it was just me :) Well, I am glad it doesn't happen with the cats, and hope I don't struggle with the Vic Romantic which is on its way :/

ana luisa

Funny that you mention that about the Victorian Flower Oracle, I bought and sold it for the very same reasons, and thought it was just me :) Well, I am glad it doesn't happen with the cats, and hope I don't struggle with the Vic Romantic which is on its way :/

Really ? You couldn't read with the Victorian Flower oracle ? Wow... It really IS subjective. The only one I considered selling was the FM because of the reasons I mentioned before. But I decided to stick with it for a little longer. It may grow on me, who knows. I'm sure you will love the VR. It has more details than the Flower oracle and it stunningly beautiful. Especially now that they put out a new revamped edition :) Tell me how you like it !

JenWt43

I have both decks, and IMO the BB Cats is much more *readable* than the Witches. It is probably because I prefer the artwork, or maybe it just isn't the right time for the other deck right now. But there is my vote. :)