First crystals advice?

maestrojay

I have found an Amethyst Crystal Pendulum that spoke to me right away.Which has gotten me interested slightly in Crystals.

I really don't have any literature, websites or anything like that.So I am kind of lost in terms of properties etc.A lot of sites I find list different crystals for different needs. Which is confusing me even more.

Any advice for some crystals that may fit my needs? As my energies are a bit haywire without knowing what to be looking for

-Self Esteem/Confidence
-Calming/Relaxation
-Cleanser

Thanks for any help.

Onion Budgie

Sunstone, without any doubt at all, for encouraging an uplift in mood and self-esteem.

I'd also suggest Carnelian, good for both self-esteem and confidence.

Rose Quartz is a stone that radiates love and warmth.

You've found a connection already with Amethyst -- that's a wonderful calming stone.

Clear Quartz is a great all-rounder. A good cleanser and clarifier.

I hope that helps a little. :) I'm sure that other folks here will recommend more for you.

stonesatiety

Welcome to the stones! (As your amethyst already said!) Amethyst was a great start and Onion Budgie's recommendations spot on. If your energy is a bit haywire, grounding stones should help. Black tourmaline, black obsidian and hematite are basic grounding stones. By grounding I mean feet on the earth, feeling her, sharing energy with her. Earth is--of course--the most powerful grounding presence for us. Not only that, we can bury stones in order to clear them. Earth can clear any of them. ;-)

Over the years, what works best for me and a lot of other folks is to look through stones in person and/or online and pick a few stones you really like. The way you picked your amethyst pendulum will work for any stone! They are waving. All we need to do is listen.

Have fun!

maestrojay

I come from a tarot background, but needed to replace a deck and none are speaking to me.So i went the crystal route, as right away i found a pendulum that spoke to me. The energy "haywireness" is my ignorance towards pretty much all things Crystals.As it isn;t my background.

Should i read before i proceed? Or just trust and follow my energies in buying and read up on what i get after?

Mellaenn

Should i read before i proceed? Or just trust and follow my energies in buying and read up on what i get after?

Welcome to the world of crystals! Do both; you can surf online for crystal meanings; there are some good sites out there. Here are a few books that will get you started:

The Crystal Bible - http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Bible...=UTF8&qid=1403917643&sr=1-1&keywords=crystals

This is easy to find online or at a bookstore.

Love is In the Earth - http://www.amazon.com/Love-Earth-Ka...UTF8&qid=1403917721&sr=1-12&keywords=crystals
This is a crystal-lover's classic.

Crystal Energy: 150 Ways to Bring Success, Love Health and Harmony into Your Life http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Energ...18110&sr=1-1&keywords=crystals+++mary+lambert

I especially love this last one because it starts with a scenario on what you might need and presents various crystals that will help.

But the very best way is to go with what calls you; maybe keep a journal about your experiences just like many of us like to journal about a new tarot deck.

Enjoy!