Boss's decision : Queen of Swords - Tower - Hierophant

tapasr_57772aeb7

Thr Heirophant is the benefic influence here. The QoS had a change of mind or beliefs, or was thwarted (The Tower) , leading to the Heirophant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

samantha

Congrats!!!

As for the cards, perhaps a calculated but surprising decision from someone in charge (Queen of Swords + The Tower) means that his position as a professor will remain unchanged (The Hierophant).

The QoS, to me, represents logic, reasoning, taking a long view/eye towards the future when considering things, etc. I know you said there's no women in the department - not that the Queen can't be a man, of course. But perhaps someone further up the chain, like in the provost's office, realized it'd make more pragmatic sense to keep your SO employed than go through the hassle of finding someone else, drafting a new contract, dealing with an unknown quality, etc.

So your boss might have been advised by senior management, so to speak, or the Queen of Swords just explains that his decision was purely logical and not out a sense of loyalty or emotional attachment to your SO. I think the outcome, while shocking, was preferable to maintain the status quo and best interests of the university, also represented by the Hierophant.

Just my two cents as a newbie.

Thanks for looking in on this :)
Any decision in this neck of the woods would be calculated, there are absolutely no warm fuzzies here ! I had a think on who the queen (and my cards often do distinguish gender) might be. There is someone who would fit the card very well (character wise) and she has the ear of the man at the very top. SO knows her well, but I wouldn't have thought she would have stepped in ...still, I don't know and this turn of events didn't happen by itself, so you could well be right. Otherwise, yes - the Hierophant can signify status quo ...which as you point out has not changed. Thanks again.

samantha

So the tower must have been the disruption of the threat of job loss.

Yes, in hind site thats how I would (have to) read it too. And your initial reaction to the cards were proved correct - not a termination as I saw.

samantha

Thr Heirophant is the benefic influence here. The QoS had a change of mind or beliefs, or was thwarted (The Tower) , leading to the Heirophant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the idea of thwarted! I don't know (and I think it's unlikely we will ever find out) but this is possible. There may have been pressure from another source to keep SO...so as you say a previous decision may have been overturned (Tower).