Justice as Obstacle, 2 of Cups as Advice?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hey. So I did a monthly tarot reading and it's a big spread but I want to focus on 3 cards since everything else made sense, for the most part.

For the position "An event happening in your favor" I got The High Priestess. For "Obstacle of the Month" I got Justice (number 11 in my deck). For "Advice for the Obstacle" I got 2 of Cups.

The High Priestess always confuses me but I tend to get it when something that was once fuzzy becomes clear. Sort of like a secret coming to light. I also have intense dreams when I get that card.

Justice as an obstacle could mean that I'm finding it difficult to achieve balance in my life but also the issue of right and wrong comes up. Maybe an area in my life that needs Justice will not experience it.

As 2 of Cups for advice...I usually get the 2oC as advice when I have to focus on what makes me feel happy and emotionally fulfilled. I very rarely get it to mean interacting with another person. I just got that once.

All of these cards are 2s (if you add up 11 in Justice) so I'm really thinking it shows a relationship with another person. I'm thinking the 2oC could mean compassion is needed in the Justice obstacle situation.

What do other people think about these 3 cards and how they interact together or separately? I have a difficult time understanding Justice as I've mainly gotten it to mean balance.

Thank you!

barefootlife

Justice is about finding balance or the consequences of actions unfolding, and the 2oC is a card relating to finding balance in finances, relationships, or the home, so to me those two cards are very complimentary. What's crossing you is an issue of imbalance or the consequences of past actions, and the thing you need to do is find a new balance.

Intotouch

What struck me first on reading this is that you need to act out of feeling, loving feeling rather than logic. Instead of listing pros and cons before making a decision for example go with what feels right and what brings feelings of love for you. So for exercise rather than look up your book on stretches to practise for twenty minutes and then move on to cardio for fifteen minutes just do what feels uplifting and loving. Maybe a run around on a beach. So Justice, as in the balanced carefully thought through plan, may actually make great sense but be an obstacle because it does not inspire your actions. Whereas starting with the two of cups would. For this month can you be motivated by balance in love and acting from your heart first..?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Justice is about finding balance or the consequences of actions unfolding, and the 2oC is a card relating to finding balance in finances, relationships, or the home, so to me those two cards are very complimentary. What's crossing you is an issue of imbalance or the consequences of past actions, and the thing you need to do is find a new balance.

That's what I was thinking too. :) Thank you! Balance seems to be a key theme here, with the repetition of the 2s. I'm wondering if this is balance in a relationship. The 2 of Cups is saying that I need balance but I am confused as to HOW to achieve that balance. Like I said before, I don't get the 2oC for relationships much but this seems to heavily be pointing towards a relationship with another person. I'm thinking the advice is that, to achieve balance, I may need to have a heart-to-heart with someone who I have an unbalanced relationship with.

KnightOfTheCosmos

What struck me first on reading this is that you need to act out of feeling, loving feeling rather than logic. Instead of listing pros and cons before making a decision for example go with what feels right and what brings feelings of love for you. So for exercise rather than look up your book on stretches to practise for twenty minutes and then move on to cardio for fifteen minutes just do what feels uplifting and loving. Maybe a run around on a beach. So Justice, as in the balanced carefully thought through plan, may actually make great sense but be an obstacle because it does not inspire your actions. Whereas starting with the two of cups would. For this month can you be motivated by balance in love and acting from your heart first..?

This is it! Thanks so much for this! :D

I was constantly wondering why something wasn't clicking and what you said was on the edge of my brain but I couldn't articulate it. When I read your description I had an A HA! moment!

I am a major Capricorn...I have a very difficult time following my heart so I am constantly listing pros and cons to every situation (even small, mundane situations) and I put my feelings on the back burner. I followed my heart once and it led to a disastrous situation that left me with emotional scars I am now healing from. I'm a very logical and practical person. I plan everything out. So what you're saying makes perfect sense.

And then the High Priestess in the "event in your favor" position makes sense too because she also follows her feelings and intuition but not so much her logical side.

Haha, what a coincidence you mentioned cardio. I have to do some cardio tonight, LOL.

Thanks a lot for this. This really resonated with me!

ThtDancerGuy

Hey. So I did a monthly tarot reading and it's a big spread but I want to focus on 3 cards since everything else made sense, for the most part.

For the position "An event happening in your favor" I got The High Priestess. For "Obstacle of the Month" I got Justice (number 11 in my deck). For "Advice for the Obstacle" I got 2 of Cups.

The High Priestess always confuses me but I tend to get it when something that was once fuzzy becomes clear. Sort of like a secret coming to light. I also have intense dreams when I get that card.

Justice as an obstacle could mean that I'm finding it difficult to achieve balance in my life but also the issue of right and wrong comes up. Maybe an area in my life that needs Justice will not experience it.

As 2 of Cups for advice...I usually get the 2oC as advice when I have to focus on what makes me feel happy and emotionally fulfilled. I very rarely get it to mean interacting with another person. I just got that once.

All of these cards are 2s (if you add up 11 in Justice) so I'm really thinking it shows a relationship with another person. I'm thinking the 2oC could mean compassion is needed in the Justice obstacle situation.

What do other people think about these 3 cards and how they interact together or separately? I have a difficult time understanding Justice as I've mainly gotten it to mean balance.

Thank you!

Hi KnightOfTheCosmos,

With The High Priestess I think you already hit the nail on the head with that card. The HP is a card of secrets coming to light as you said, revelations, and all things psychic and spiritual. It could simply be that you will do a reading for someone where you will be so in tune with the cards/tool(s) you're using and the messages coming through, acting as the medium, the "High Priestess" with her secrets and mysteries, for your client to know what they need to know.
For the Justice card as the obstacle, I can see how you got stuck here – it's sometimes difficult to have to see such a positive-neutral card in a negative or opposite light. My intuitive take would be very parallel to what you came up with, that achieving balance in something may be where you will need work this month. But I also see Justice as a fight between fair and unfair, just and unjust. You may find yourself in a situation where you feel you're not being treated with fairness and your obstacle à la Justice is how you can bring that fairness back to the playing field. OR in a totally reversed position, YOU'RE the one who is treating someone or something unfairly and you need to check yourself to make sure you're creating fair balance therein.
For the 2 of Cups as advice for how to overcome the obstacle, it is painfully CLEAR that harmony, compassion, and understanding are all needed in the Justice situation to restore actual justice. While you may not personally deal with people or relationships and so the 2 of Cups may not mean that for you, you have to remember that the 2 of Cups DOES, and so all of those attributes of a balanced, harmonious relationship with the situation are what you're being advised to adopt when dealing with your obstacle, which the Justice card says is obviously about lacking those qualities.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hi KnightOfTheCosmos,

With The High Priestess I think you already hit the nail on the head with that card. The HP is a card of secrets coming to light as you said, revelations, and all things psychic and spiritual. It could simply be that you will do a reading for someone where you will be so in tune with the cards/tool(s) you're using and the messages coming through, acting as the medium, the "High Priestess" with her secrets and mysteries, for your client to know what they need to know.
For the Justice card as the obstacle, I can see how you got stuck here – it's sometimes difficult to have to see such a positive-neutral card in a negative or opposite light. My intuitive take would be very parallel to what you came up with, that achieving balance in something may be where you will need work this month. But I also see Justice as a fight between fair and unfair, just and unjust. You may find yourself in a situation where you feel you're not being treated with fairness and your obstacle à la Justice is how you can bring that fairness back to the playing field. OR in a totally reversed position, YOU'RE the one who is treating someone or something unfairly and you need to check yourself to make sure you're creating fair balance therein.
For the 2 of Cups as advice for how to overcome the obstacle, it is painfully CLEAR that harmony, compassion, and understanding are all needed in the Justice situation to restore actual justice. While you may not personally deal with people or relationships and so the 2 of Cups may not mean that for you, you have to remember that the 2 of Cups DOES, and so all of those attributes of a balanced, harmonious relationship with the situation are what you're being advised to adopt when dealing with your obstacle, which the Justice card says is obviously about lacking those qualities.

Hey there, thanks a lot of this! This also resonates with me, simply because I live with my grandma who I have a very strained relationship with. She's been abusive to me for the past 22 years that I've lived with her. My mom wants us all to live in peace and I try to keep the peace but my grandmother is extremely narcissistic (I'm not using that word lightly) and emotionally abusive. She also doesn't accept me for being gay. So I try my best to stay away from her by staying in my room and putting all of my effort into finding a job so I can save up and move out.

I was originally wondering if Justice and the 2 of Cups was hinting towards that relationship with my grandma, because last month's obstacle card represented my relationship with my grandma too, but things reaching a breaking point. Justice was the card in the position "event in your favor" for the previous 2 months. Now it's changed positions. =/

So it all could be alluding to me and my grandma. I feel like my voice isn't being heard and that the whole situation is unfair to me. She gets away with many things because of her age and my mom feels sorry for her.

Thanks a lot for your help! It makes sense!