Crystal Gem Study: moldavite stone

cjtarot

Hi all,

Moldavite is a wonderful stone (actually it is a meterorite)...The first time I put it in my hand, my palm began to tingle. The energy in my body began to move....It was the first time I ever reacted to a stone...

I loved the feeling so much, I purchased a ring, pendent and earings from the "Heaven and Earth" catelog. I wear the ring everyday, when I take it off it feels like it's still there.

According to the Heaven and Earth Moldavite incence (the incense that matches the stones energy): Moldavite is said to accelerate the path of one's inner evolution, clearing the blockages and allowing for the attractions of all aspects of one's highest good. it is among the most powerful stones for consciousness expansion and spiritual growth.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE errrr STONE

CJ

the hermit

cjtarot said:
Moldavite is a wonderful stone (actually it is a meterorite)...
Actually, though many new age shops, authors and web sites will tell you this beautiful greenish stone is a meteorite, the majority of geologists will tell you it most certainly is not. It is a tektite.

Tektites are made of glass--natural glass, not man-made glass. They are mostly black, but some--notably Moldavites--are green. They come in may shapes, but the most common ones resemble rounded pebbles with strange pits. Many are shard-like.

Tektites are found only in a relatively few areas of the world. This contrasts to meteorites which are found everywhere. The greatest concentration is in Australia and Southeast Asia.

The oldest tektites as determined by radiometric dating are about 35 million years old. Moldavites (found in central Europe-- there was a meteorite shower in the Moldau Valley of Czechoslovakia. The result of this shower was moldavite, a rare crystal of a bottle-green, translucent hue.) are dated at 14.7 million years. Indochinites (tektites found in the southeast asian area) are all about 800,000 years old. These are all very young by the standards of meteorites--most meteorites show radiometric ages of over four billion years.

There are two listed types of terrestrial tektites (the moon also has tektites). They are rock melted when a meteorite blasted into the Earth (or the moon) or they are the result of volcanism on the Earth (obsidian is classified as a tektite or the moon--there is lunar obsidian).

Tektites have approximately the same chemical composition as granite or ocean bottom sediments--the common rocks of the Earth's crust.

Obviously when formed by meterorite impact the tektite probably has minute quantities of extraterrestrial material in it but there is such a tiny amount that it is not measurable. But as stated above not all tektites are from meteorite strikes.

cjtarot

Moldivite...

Hermit...

Your wealth of knowledge is amazing. Thank you for clearing that up...

Can you recommend another stone that evokes a strong metaphysical response like moldivite. Would tektite give you the same energy movement?

Thanks again...

Blessings,

Cj