Golden Botticelli

Madame Squee

Sorry, not relevant to the topic...

HearthCricket

Papageno said:
my personal feeling is that the card titles should solely be in the language of the originating country/artist...........it's an education OK.......you have to learn the card meanings so you'll get a small education in foreign language as well........it really isn't that difficult.

You make a good point, here. I remember my first deck-the 1JJ Swiss, in French. I didn't know how to speak French, at the time, and it was my first lesson in a foreign language. I had just turned 12 years old. Sadly I no longer have it, but rather the English version. It just isn't the same. I would do anything to have it in French, again, and I do love decks that are solely in the language where the artist is from. It makes a lovely way to learn.

jackdaw*

Jeez, haven't we got past the titles yet?? They're harmless, people!

I want to know more about this deck!

blackroseivy

When will it be available in the States? Onto my wish-list it goeth...

Papageno

blackroseivy said:
When will it be available in the States?

now that is an excellent question

firemaiden

(Boy oh boy... English speakers are so spoiled... we are so used to seeing just our own language on stuff we buy. In Europe you see a bunch of language on everything. Get over it... or better yet, use them to learn another language. Use them like flashcards...)

Does anyone have this deck yet? Since it is out in Europe... I'd love to know what they think of it.

wholelottarosie

oh my goodness. it's so beautiful.
i need to have this deck.
i also really like the black borders as opposed to the cream coloured ones.

HearthCricket

My copy arrived from Alida, today! I am looking at the box. The box is gorgeous, with lots of shimmering gold against the black, as well as the 4 pictures of cards...one on each side and each corner....

I am opening the box....

OMG the backs are gorgeous. Not gilded, but lovely. I won't even tell you. It will be a glorious surprise for you! LWB, extra cards with LS deck listings..the usual.

OMG again. The cards! The Golden Ren meet Botticelli in a big way! I think this is even more beautiful. In fact, I know it is. The gold was used beautifully and more so and the artwork is incredible. The Queen of Swords even has gold gilding on the sword edge. Very Christian oriented, as expected. Pan is the Devil. I've been into Pan lately, so on reading up how the Catholic Church condemned him and turned him into a devil-like creature, this is a good pick. Young fauns on the 2 of Pentacles. Sartyr used on the 7 of Wands, Cupid on 8. The Pentacles are all golden! The Aces are extraordinary! Lovers looks like Cupid and Pysche. I think.... I really wish this came with a big book. Must study up on Botticelli, now.

This is the perfect deck for any Christian readers, lovers of The Golden Tarot, Golden Ren, or classical art. Fabulous present for under the tree, if you can wait that long. I will pick up an extra for hubby to give me because this is very readable and will be a joy to use! I hope LS is reading this. Please put out in a larger size, but not just the trumps. I want the whole thing in a grand style! The black borders are not very noticeable, since your eye is immediately drawn to the art. A borderless deck would be lovely, so some might decide to trim it, but it would ruin the lovely backs. I will keep mine like this and consider it one of my greatest LS treasures. They really outdid themselves this time!

Off to revisit these cards. I could not even pick favourites. The list would be too long!!

jackdaw*

Sounds beautiful, HC! You aren't making it easy to resist, you know ... I love Botticelli's work.

HearthCricket

jackdaw* said:
Sounds beautiful, HC! You aren't making it easy to resist, you know ... I love Botticelli's work.

Trust me. You don't want to resist!! :D