Celtic Shaman's Pack--2015 Edition--The Good and the BAD

gregory

I'm glad it is back in print, but I was wondering that too.
If she gave permission for this new printing...maybe she doesn't hold any rights to the oracle deck like she does with the tarot deck.
I'm rather puzzled about that too. Anyone have the original to look at the copyright info ? The Greenwood quite clearly says the artwork is HERS - so I hope we aren't about to see that reissued as a deck on such rubbish stock etc.... If they have said in this edition that the art is copyright to her I would REALLY like to know how they managed to print it legally.

ETA just saw McFaire's post about her having shared the copyright. Oh. OK.

Connections do not have the best reputation - and when Rodney pointed out once that they had printed a card with the WRONG TITLE on - they didn't give a toss. I've had two of theirs with duplicates and missing cards. I don't buy theirs any more unless I can open the deck before purchasing - as it is such a pain returning stuff, and even more so when the mistake is repeated.

Oops that was Cico. But I do have a couple of rather badly printed Connections decks, too.... It seems to me that Caitlin Matthews told me once that in the US, Connections is Tuttle ?

McFaire

Connections do not have the best reputation - and when Rodney pointed out once that they had printed a card with the WRONG TITLE on - they didn't give a toss. I've had two of theirs with duplicates and missing cards. I don't buy theirs any more unless I can open the deck before purchasing - as it is such a pain returning stuff, and even more so when the mistake is repeated.

Heavens! Is Connections related in some way to the original publisher, Elements? I can't imagine another reason for them to be selected for this classic work.

gregory

I've no idea, but... I was wrong about the dispute with Rodney - that was Cico. Even so, I do have a few horrid Connections decks !

AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
If I understand correctly, it was a spiritual contact, not of this plane.

NO, AJ!
That's not it.......!

Sorry if I misunderstood, can or will you tell us the real story of her permission?

gregory

Sorry if I misunderstood, can or will you tell us the real story of her permission?
I don't think that's really a fair question to ask MiShell. It has been asked before and I'm sure if she could have answered then she would have. Can we get back to the deck ?

MoonGypsy

Most of you have seen my original post about my horribly flawed
Celtic Shaman's Pack 2015 that i received the other day.

i decided that while i am waiting for my replacement set to arrive from
the UK [Book Depository], i would try to salvage my wonky deck as best i can.
So i trimmed it to the bone, and gave it a chipped sapphire edge treatment.
It made a huge difference, and at least i have a pocket set of "Flash Cards", or
a deck to keep tucked in my bag when i go out...

Here are some pics of my deck's "Face Lift"...:p

McFaire

Wow! That is gorgeous. Wow. Now I am going to have to order a second copy of the 2015!

I've been thinking about trimming my 1st edition because it is irregular. (I have another one that is better.) See pics. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 220
  • Backs.jpg
    Backs.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 191

MoonGypsy

Wow! That is gorgeous. Wow. Now I am going to have to order a second copy of the 2015!

I've been thinking about trimming my 1st edition because it is irregular. (I have another one that is better.) See pics. Thoughts?

Hi McFaire! Thanks, i am so glad you like how my wonky 2nd ed. turned out. Look at the first post
to see the "before"...the deck practically made me cry it was so awfully flawed. Luckily,
i think i succeeded in turning the Lemon into Lemonade, [or Lemon Aid...:p]
Now i can at least happily use it, while i wait for my replacement.

Regarding your first edition, i think a lot of them were a little off kilter like yours.
If i were to trim that deck, i would trim everything but the middle image, and then
corner round it. You will lose some of the backs swirly spirals, [the 2nd ed i just trimmed
did, but it doesn't bother me.] It will look a lot better without all the white borders, too.
The images will really pop!
It will turn it into a cute little pocket deck.

McFaire

I might as well try it!

Madrigal

Most of you have seen my original post about my horribly flawed
Celtic Shaman's Pack 2015 that i received the other day.

i decided that while i am waiting for my replacement set to arrive from
the UK [Book Depository], i would try to salvage my wonky deck as best i can.
So i trimmed it to the bone, and gave it a chipped sapphire edge treatment.
It made a huge difference, and at least i have a pocket set of "Flash Cards", or
a deck to keep tucked in my bag when i go out...

Here are some pics of my deck's "Face Lift"...:p

Gorgeous, MG!!