Gilded Tarot Arches and Stained Glass Windows

Minxdelight

HI, I've been working on the symbols of the Gilded Tarot and have spent hours on the internet looking for their meanings.
I sure could use some help, What do the Archways, And Arches mean? And the Stained Glass window in the 5 of Pentacles and the Heriophant mean.. Any thoughts anyone, or maybe someone one could point me in the direction of where I may find the info... Thanks so much...

An Avid Beginner.. Vickey

Jamil

Minxdelight said:
HI, I've been working on the symbols of the Gilded Tarot and have spent hours on the internet looking for their meanings.
I sure could use some help, What do the Archways, And Arches mean? And the Stained Glass window in the 5 of Pentacles and the Heriophant mean.. Any thoughts anyone, or maybe someone one could point me in the direction of where I may find the info... Thanks so much...

Hi Vickey. The Gilded Tarot Companion by Barbara Moore (which came, I think, with the original box set), mentions that the stained glass window behind the Hierophant symbolized the knowledge and achievements of the human race. It adds that the card shows three stages of knowledge: the observable Universe (beyond the window), the window itself showing humanity's application of knowledge, and the Hierophant passing on that knowledge down the generations.

The same book draws a connection between this stained glass window in the 5 Pentacles, saying it still represents the knowledge and achievements of humanity, but questions the usefulness of achievements that aren't used to help or inspire. (It's probably significant that whereas you can see the Universe beyond the window in the Hierophant, that by the 5 Pentacles the stained glass window and wall it's embedded in have expanded to fill the card and appear impassable--although the light coming through the windows possibly means there's help inside if you can find your way in.)

Easy Tarot Handbook by Josephine Ellershaw says that the stained glass window in the Hierophant represents the filter through which the Hierophant receives his knowledge, but doesn't interpret the stained glass window in the 5 Pentacles.

Hope this helps.

Minxdelight

Thank You

HI, thank you for your reply.. I have the book by Josephine Ellershaw but not the one that you refer to.. how about the arches, any thoughts? some of them don't go anywhere, but are a indent in the wall and the 7 of swords is open..?? I'm working on The World and the Kings.. wish me luck!! :) can I write you if I get stuck? It takes me a while to think things thru, lol..at least now I have some thoughts on the Heriophant.

Vickey