The Moon (Gilded Tarot)

Greywoolfe

I see this card as a positive, too. The Moon for me is a light in the dark- a guiding, spiritual light. Some may find the dark scary, hence the associations with illusion, fear and so on, but the Moon lights the dark, scatters the illusions and offers guidance. It's a card to be embraced, not feared.

Whitney

The energy I feel from the Moon is positive. I'm so upset that I lost this card. I was putting the deck in order the other day and couldn't find the card. It's probably in a pile of clean clothes or on my desk in my room. I hope it isn't damaged! The Moon has always been a favorite.

DeaconBlues

I'm so glad to read this thread! I just got the Moon as my present situation card today, and it freaked me out a bit, especially with the Page of Swords as its influence. That signified that there is gossip about me making the rounds, although I can't imagine what it would be. I'm way too busy right now to be involved in anything interesting and scandalous!

My first impression of the moon card has always been a positive one, too. And I also see the wolves as protective guardians...perhaps against the crab and whatever else is lurking in that water?

This card evokes a lot of female-centered issues for me. Menstruation, as someone else said. Breast cancer (the crab). The unequal treatment women so often still deal with (the globe surrounding Lady Moon). I may be stretching, but all of these immediately came to mind when I saw this card. Things that women have to consider, if not necessarily handle on a day-to-day basis.

Hmm. Remind me how it is that I see this card as a positive again? :D

PAMUYA

I love this moon card, the cresant with the human face. The crab reminds me of a dream I had not to long ago..I was looking down onto a green lush patch of grass surrounded by flowers, a crab/lobster was walking acrossed it, and an alligator came up and ate it! It was such a colorful dream.

Wolves howling at the moon, such a dishearting sound, makes you want to search the shadows, what will you find there? A picture says a thousand words and this one get my imagination soaring. The subconsious is a scary place, I must let myself go, so many answers can be found here.

I don't see womens problems in this card, but I am not doing a reading or asking a question of it, or have a history with this card. It is a beautiful card which draws me in. This is a card of the moon.

What is positive? A card with many answers or one that asks you many quesitons?

PhoenixRising

Beside dreams I feel that the The Moon card is telling the reader to observe the deep feelings/emotions that is hiding in the subconscious; use the moonlight to see the fears, confront them and turn them into Hopes. For me The Moon card have an affinity with 9th position of the Celtic Cross "Hope & Fears".

Dragon-Capricorn

In my experience, the moon has always been related to negative things in my readings. It has always stood for (so far, at least, still a newbie) someone hiding stuff from me. Unexpected suprises that I don't want. It's a warning to be careful.

PAMUYA

Yes, I agree, the Moon card to me usually warns to "watch your back', know who your friends are, there is something that you are overlooking, something hiding in your subconcious. I feel quite comfortable with this card, I find it a warning card, but not negitive. A lot of people are uncomfortable with the subconcious so I can see why someone might relate that to a negitive feeling. During a reading if you get a negitive feeling, go with it, your intuition is telling you something.

PhoenixRising

The Moon Card = Reflexion over your situation; what is hidden that you need to see for you to continue in your journey of self discovery?

PAMUYA

PhoenixRising said:
The Moon Card = Reflexion over your situation; what is hidden that you need to see for you to continue in your journey of self discovery?
I have used this meaning in readings, there are things that you are not seeing clearly, they are hidden, obsured by the shadows...

PhoenixRising

The Moon card ask of you to use your psychic awareness to feel an aspect of the situation that hidden from your conscious awareness, this go from synchronistics moments or situation to dreams; just be aware of any feelings about the subject meditate about it and hopefully you will find the answer and let The Sun card appear in your life.