Doreen Virtue's Conversion

HighPriestess

I haven't seen this video, but word is Doreen Virtue posted a video talking about her conversion to Christianity, demons, asking people to burn her Ascended Masters deck and book, etc. The video's been deleted so I can't verify any of this.

Personally, I don't care for her in general. I have a couple of her decks but I only use them occasionally. I know that she's really popular though and I'm wondering what fans of hers on here make of this. Based on what I've heard, some people feel hurt and betrayed, I'm curious as to how this will affect future oracle deck releases. I've heard that Ascended Masters are out but she's still going to be talking about angels and fairies. I don't think Hay House would just drop one of their biggest sources of revenue.

EmpressArwen

I would love to know more about this! Very interesting. I am curious as to why she would now have a problem with Ascended Masters but not her brand of Angel/Fairy divination as those would also not be ok with any branch of Christianity that I know of.

Hmmmm....off to google.

HighPriestess

I would love to know more about this! Very interesting. I am curious as to why she would now have a problem with Ascended Masters but not her brand of Angel/Fairy divination as those would also not be ok with any branch of Christianity that I know of.

Hmmmm....off to google.

I found this post about it with information about what's in and what's out, but if she is actually a born-again Christian I can't see her church approving of her brand.

Redfaery

I found this post about it with information about what's in and what's out, but if she is actually a born-again Christian I can't see her church approving of her brand.
It says she's Episcopalian/Anglican. That's actually very different from what most think of as "born again". Both denominations are very liberal and accepting, especially the Episcopal Church...which has actually broken with the Anglican Communion because it was even more liberal than the mainstream.

AJ

this seems to be coming from two women with their own brand/lifestyle/religion to flog.

I think Ms. Virtue knows all about how to get her own information out.

There isn't anything on Snopes either :)

EmpressArwen

Thanks for the link. Fascinating. I mean, it kind of sucks that she made a fortune off promoting this stuff and now doesn't believe in it anymore BUT spiritual journeys are complex and personal. I hope she finds her road.

Episcopal churches are very liberal and accepting but even still divination wouldn't be acceptable....at least not in any Episcopal churches I've been in. Maybe they are different in other areas.

gregory

If it's true, I wonder what she'll do about her tarot that's due out in the fall.... I guess contracts have already been etc....

But divination is in the Bible....

DDwarks

Call me cynic but what else in the New Age world was there left for her to make money on?

I suspect the "Jesus stuff" will be followed later on with "Jesus is a Fairies" stuff on account of her spirituality evolving again.

Like I said, call me cynic if you like.

Gwynydd

She should do us all a favour and retire :D Sorry, not a fan.

Beanfeasa

If it's true, I wonder what she'll do about her tarot that's due out in the fall.... I guess contracts have already been etc....

But divination is in the Bible....

I wondered about that too, she may say that it's not divination, it's a source of guidance, but is the bible not supposed to be the one source for guidance, it doesn't make sense, it's seems a little contrived imho, if it was sincere, she would be fading away, or burning the lot.