Chariot and Two of Cups then a breakup?

Mystica7

It may be that the other cards around it caused it to be ill dignified, in which case the reversed meaning would apply.

Yes, this.

Never read outcome (future) cards independent from the rest of the spread.

Tarot is never wrong but I believe it's us who may misinterpret the cards.

Sometimes, positive looking cards pertain to a negative event, and vice versa. (Cards are actually neutral but am not going into that.) So, the way to tell is the surrounding cards and your level of experience/intuition as a reader.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

calisunshine, as you have read my PM but have not acted on it, you owe feedback to the people who've taken time out of their lives to post in this thread trying to help you. Please reciprocate by taking the time to provide them feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

calisunshine

@Grizabella - That's an interpretation, but I don't see how that falls into context for a relationship reading when we first met. I think the sun was coming up in the reading and actually any readings we did about that relationship) because he and I are both Sun signs (I'm Leo and he's Aries)

@thehappysquirrel - The reading was not about the break up, it was done before, so I don't see how that interpretation applies. I think the Chariot here meant slow and steady relationship and me trying to stay patient with the pace it was moving in.

@queenxofxwands - The other cards were pretty good as I recall, my friend did not see anything shady - even she doesn't know how to explain the break up.

@danieljuk - I have no idea where people are getting these negative connotations with the Chariot, but to me it is all about mastering oneself and asserting (a healthy) self-control and ego. It is the type of ego, self-discipline, strength and perseverance that wins a race. Think of a chariot, it moves slowly, like the "slow-and-steady wins the race" type of movement. It is not a speedy type of movement. I am thinking of a chariot that is being taken on a voyage cross country, through the woods. It will go through a lot - wheels will break, it will be stopped and robbed by thieves, it will seem like you will never make it to your destination, but you will. That is the chariot. This is not a negative ego type of thing, it's a healthy ego and strength that comes with maturity and experience. I think the card represents me, because for the first time in my life, I was just strong and steady in my relationship and just sucked up any roadblocks (travel, delays because of work, etc) and focused on my end goal (to be with him). I think even if this relationship didn't work out - I learned to master my emotions and stay the course and I feel like I have gained a new tool for success in my next relationship. I don't think he left me behind, as the guy is extremely successful and was actually at a slowing-down and enjoying life stage. His new year's resolution was to work no more than 30 hours a week. He is a bit older than me and I am still in the early stages of my career, so if anything my work got in the way, but not the reason our relationship ended...

@Rodney - I see the two of cups as a "soulmate" connection. I think the sun popped up in the immediate future because our relationship was about to burn out (break up few days later). The relationship was struggle. We cared for each other, but it was a lot of hard work. It actually all makes sense in hindsight: chariot, sun, 2 of cups (long difficult journey, burnout, soulmates). My friend does use reversals, but all the cards were upright.

@thirteen - I agree with you, I definitely think there are better cards to signify "happily ever after," but I still think the two of cups is a loving card, so seeing it as an outcome and then having a breakup two days later is still strange...

@nisaba - You are somewhat right, as I have discusses chariot earlier, I view it as a really positive card, and I think it represents how I "endured" the struggles of the relationship, but yeah we are in different places in life, he is so successful he is winding down his career and I am younger and just starting out.

@mystica7 - We did not read outcome cards on their own, but thanks for your input

tarot_quest

Another possibility might be, did something unexpected happen? Chariot to me refers to being in control of things.

If this breakup was unexpected, the chariot card might take a negative meaning here and says that you lost the control of the situation.

Also, if it is not too personal and you need more inputs, you should tell us why it ended (or what are the reasons for the breakup if everything was going well). Maybe your connection was fragile (2 of cups) and an ex girlfriend came back or something unexpected happen?

calisunshine

@tarotquest - it is really too hard for me to type up and re-live. The chariot card was upright so it shouldn't have any negative connotation, also I generally don't ready reversals as anything different than the original meaning of the card, but less intense.

uic_uic

Obviously it had a negative connotation. And as you can see from the card picture, the sphynxes are both black and white, indicating that the energy which is represented by the Chariot can be equally destructive as well as constructive, depending upon the person who channels it, so to speak. Secondly, Chariot is a card which depicts a warrior, and the warrior is the one who faces war. If you want to learn the Tarot, listen to what it says, and to all the good people who try to help you on this forum, instead of insisting upon your way. Somehow I think the Chariot represented you....lol, just kidding.

tarot_quest

@tarotquest - it is really too hard for me to type up and re-live. The chariot card was upright so it shouldn't have any negative connotation, also I generally don't ready reversals as anything different than the original meaning of the card, but less intense.

I am sorry to hear that... That is what I thought since the beginning of this thread, this topic is really sensitive to you and you don't understand what happened.

I know it sounds cliché but time will pass and you will find someone else or things might get better

xox

Mystica7

Two of Cups also signify the merging of the two (yin and yang) sides of *oneself*.

I know it sucks to look at it that way when you are reading on a romantic relationship, but the card may simply refer to your need of being/becoming one within, like really self-sufficient, and maybe it foretells this process.

It could be that you may come together, but please don't spend months&years waiting for him if you feel it's slightly in your power not to do so. I beg you, check the facts, if he's moved on and living la vida loca, don't spend a minute for him other than for grieving (no matter what it takes) and moving on.

Elendil

Having the 2 of Cups as the final card in both readings would seem to suggest that the relationship had not advanced in any way...had certainly not become any deeper (and therefore was lacking a foundation for longevity).

the world is saved

it was a very healthy and awesome relationship that suddenly ended.

This may be where the Chariot came into things. This card is really speaking to the need for a considerable degree of strength and control in how the energies involved are directed. Chariots, contrary to your perception of them as 'slow and steady', actually move at tremendous speed and require a great deal of skill to drive. When they are handled well they are pretty unstoppable - anything that gets in the way will be mown down and left in the dust. However, as Roman history tells us, they are vulnerable at the sides. An object hitting them from the sides can completely derail them in a moment, with disastrous consequences. In other words, they can completely fall apart quite unexpectedly and suddenly.

I always bear that in mind when I see the Chariot.

I think this card was probably advising of the possibility of such an event, and the 'outcome' being 2 Cups was showing that it would not progress past the initial stages of strong mutual attraction. It takes a great deal more than that to make an enduring relationship.