Initiation in the Æon of the Child

fyreflye

Aeon418 said:
Yes, Amazon don't seem to stock many copies of that book at any one time for some strange reason. According to Jim Eshelman there are still plenty of copies left, but Amazon refuse to stock more than 10 at a time. So the book continually goes in and out of stock. Leaving only the over priced used copies to lure the unwary.

I'm sure it will be back in stock soon. :D

For anyone else that's interested, or tempted to shell out for a used copy, the rrp for Eshelman's book is US $49.

Isn't it possible to buy it from the publisher or Eshelman directly?

Aeon418

fyreflye said:
Isn't it possible to buy it from the publisher or Eshelman directly?
I did see a post on Jim's forum that said it was possible to order the book direct from the Temple of Thelema. But I would check with them first before parting with any cash.

Unfortunately I can't post a direct link to another forum without Similia descending on this thread like the wrath of Jehovah. :laugh:
But there's a link in the middle of the T.O.T. website. Look in "General Discussion". http://www.thelema.org/index.html

fyreflye

Aeon418 said:
I did see a post on Jim's forum that said it was possible to order the book direct from the Temple of Thelema. But I would check with them first before parting with any cash.

Unfortunately I can't post a direct link to another forum without Similia descending on this thread like the wrath of Jehovah. :laugh:
But there's a link in the middle of the T.O.T. website. Look in "General Discussion". http://www.thelema.org/index.html

I found it. Thanks:D

Aeon418

I suspect that Gunther's new book is only the first part of a trilogy. Volume one corresponding to the letter Peh, I assume that volumes Teth and Daleth will follow in the near future.

fyreflye

Those who would like to download via bit torrent a copy of Eshelman's "The Mystical and Magical System of the A.'.A.'." can PM me for the link.

Aeon418

Has anyone else read (or reading) Gunther's book yet?

Grigori

Aeon418 said:

Not yet, but will be.

ZenMusic

Aeon418 said:

Yes, I read it .. in one sitting... if you're into this stuff and still leaning, it's essential reading .. well-written (.. I didn't know "abrogate" is a noun) and well-paced ..

the first chapter ties together so much.. Qabalah , Egyptian myth, Thelema, Alchemy, Austin Spare.. Cabala , the Rosicrutions ..Astrology, hermetics etc...facinating.. (it' only missing the holy grail and the templars ... 8^))

in the 2nd chapter (The Awaking), Gunther shows an amazing fluency and insight into Crowley's writings.. explaining symbolism and references..
Osiris and the Oxyrynchus ... qliphoth , klippot, Masonic texts , a great section on the initiate Pyramid letters .. L.P.D.. Tarot ..
later it focuses a lot on the Achemical path ... some great illustrations

i think I underlined something on every page of the book.. though since he goes so far into detail .. that you're bound to find some you don't agree with..

I'd think you'd have to be familiar and/or interested with most of these subjects, for this to be useful .. especially Alchemy.. or the Thoth Tarot

will go well with a reading of Eshelman's, The Mystical and Magical System of the A.'.A.'

fyreflye

Aeon418 said:

My copy of Gunther is is still in the mail from Amazon.

As for the availability of Eshelman's "The Mystical and Magical System of the A.'.A.'," I'm told by the guy from Thelema who handles the Amazon account that they recently requested more of the books and he just shipped them three crates (!). Those who've been hoping to buy this one need to keep a close watch on its Amazon page, as there'll probably be another run on it.