Tarot for Yourself - Chpt. 5 Court Card Personalities

Talisman

Well done!

Well, Jewel,

I'm sure Kaz can do it to, --

But --

Your dialogue was so bright and sparkling, so well done, it's kind'a intimidating, don't 'cha think? (I wanna read the novel 'fore I see the movie!)

What fun!

Tarot should be fun, 'cause it's hard to take anybody too seriously who is to serious, don't 'cha think?

I'll be reading.

Talisman :TSUN :TWHEE :TMAGE

imperium

the cards I chose

Well my dearies, I have an affinity with the Q of swords as she appears a lot in my readings and I feel most comfortable with her. After re-reading my dialog I can see some things happening,...
The Q of wands represents me taking control of my spirituality ( or it taking control of me maybe! ). I want to 'stay at home' and work on it effectively.
The K of cups could be the emotional link that I don't have with men ( a long story! :) and the difficulties I find in this area. He wants to 'stay away' or as he states 'yearns for sunnier climes'!
Yes, yes, indeed there is a lot here which describes my situation in life!
Thanks for the interest.

bb

Jewel

Re: Well done!

Talisman said:

Your dialogue was so bright and sparkling, so well done, it's kind'a intimidating, don't 'cha think? (I wanna read the novel 'fore I see the movie!)
Talisman :TSUN :TWHEE :TMAGE

Hi Talisman! thanks for your kind comment ~blushes~. What can I say? I got "into" the exercise *LOL*. I absolutly love the Tarot on many levels and use it for many different things (though primarily spiritual development). I hope that by sharing the work I do, I can help others like me trying to learn more, as well as learn from their comments, opinions and corrections when I have strayed off base. Aeclectic has proven to be a wonderfully safe community where I feel I can fully express and share so that I might be gently guided further along my path through what I learn from others here. Again, thanks for your encouragement :)

P.S.: I will make sure you get the first copy of the book ... if I ever write one *LOL*

:THP :TJUST :TJUDG

Jewel

Imperium, that is really neat that you identified so well. When I did this I found that my attraction to the Q of Wands are that she represents the better aspects of myself ... the things I like about myself. Guess I better quickly post the next phase of Chpt. 5 (tomorrow), so that we can continue our Court Card work. It will be posted in this same thread.

imperium

Queen of swords

Jewel,

Yes I see your point about the Queen of Swords, although I often feel that she is often trying to tell me that she holds qualities that I need to exert in myself. Being a Virgo I often hold back on speaking my mind or being more assertive. A lot of people get the impression that I am a 'walk over' because I am not easily rattled by anything - therefore little agression. However I do always sort things out in my own way. I also avoid conflict at all costs. The position of authority is something I think I will always struggle with!

Can't wait for the next exercise although will be away this weekend due to witchy antics in other parts of the country.
Speak soon,,,,
bb

Jewel

Imperium, my mom is a Virgo and I can clearly see what you mean. Perhaps what the Queen of Swords is wanting to tell you is that you do not need confrontation to hold your ground, that by using your intellect, intelligence and mental faculties you can overcome your doubts and become more assertive without having to engange in those things that make you uncomfortable. There is much power and authority in a quiet but firm stance (take a look at the Queen of Wands from the Robin Wood deck sometime, she is what I am trying to describe to you - gentle but firm).

Jewel

Sorry I have not posted the second exercise yet ... I am having a little trouble with historical characters (not huge on history) and with geometrical shapes representing each court card.

Kaz do you think that table exercise is worth doing here or should we move on to the inner teacher one? I am not sure I have gotten much out of the table exercise. Comments? suggestions?

sarahenglish

Do you think it would be ok to skip ahead so that I can study this chapter with yall, or should I do ch.s 3 & 4 1st?

Also, how can I make sure that I get an email when a new Tarot for Yourself thread is posted? Is that possible?

Jewel

SE you are more than welcome to join us on court cards if you would like. I would encourage you to also continue your work on chapt. 3 and 4. When we jump onto Chpt. 6 you will note that we already did the permutation section (we did that with Chpt. 4 - so as you can see we skip around too *LOL*). Just work at your own pace and however it feels best for you. We have been taking our time so I am sure you will catch up regardless within no time *LOL*. We are here to work with you until we finsih this book! (Then onto Tarot Costellations!).

As for subscribing to a thread just check the options box that says E-mail notification below the message box you type in.

sarahenglish

Thanks Jewel,
I understand about checking the box once I've seen the thread. I am wondering how you know when a new thread has been started. For example, when you 1st posted this thread, I was assuming that since I subscribe to the study groups forum, that I would have been notified when a new thread was started. But I didnt see the thread till several days later when I logged on to Aeclectic. I guess I just have to check every day to make sure I dont miss anything.