Tarot for Yourself - Courtcards - 3 modes of tarot

Kaz

Quoting from the book here:

This exercise is devised to better understand the differences among the 3 modes of tarotcards.

These are:
- Courtcards: mode or method of acting. How are you acting? Your sub-personalities. Masks and personas. What roles are you playing?
- Minors including aces: description of your situation. What are you dealing with?
- Majors: archetypal energies within yourself that need to be expressed. In what way are you dealing with the situation? What abilities are you using?

Divide your deck in 3 stacks: courts, minors and majors. Shuffle each stack and pick one card from each stack.

Share your results (and the deck you used) in the format as on page 83 in the book. For those who don't have it, here follows:

1) What I am experiencing:
I am acting like a (courtcard), a (describe the type of person you see in that card) in a (minor) situation in which (describe your situation-using action verbs) because of (major), which describes my need to (describe what archetypal energies in you need to be expressed).

For advise on how to handle the situation, look at the same cards again, with the following format:

2) How can I best deal with this situation?
I can use the attributes of (major) to (describe the best qualities you see in this card) in order to deal with (minor), which express my desire for/to (describe situation you have drawn for yourself) experienced by my inner (courtcard), the one who (describe that aspect of yourself which chose to experience the situation).

Have fun !!! :)

Kaz

Kaz

Using the Thoth deck

I draw these cards:
court: queen of cups
minor: 5 of wands
major: adjustment (VIII)

I am acting like a queen of cups,
someone trying to be in touch with her unconsious, emotions and dreams.
I find myself in a 5 of wands situation,
in which i experience some (minor) obstacles, through struggling and dealing with them i become consious of my own possibilities/abilities in this field.
Because of adjustment,
which describes my need to adjust myself and to find balance again and again, as i get a greater awareness of my inner self.

I can use the attributes of adjustment,
to find harmony in this ever changing and ongoing process.
In order to deal with 5 of wands,
that expresses my "desire" to learn and develop through struggle,
which is experienced by my inner queen of cups.
She is the one who keeps me true to my inner self.

Kaz

napaisti

ok, I'll give it a shot:

here's what I got with the Old Path:
1) Page:SL
2) 7:SL
3) :TMAGE

What I am experiencing:
I am acting like a Page of Swords, a suspicious and highly reactive child in a 7 of Swords situation in which I avoid confrontation by resorting to subterfuge and stealth with little to no effect to my conscience because of the Magician, which describes my need to use the knowledge I have/can acquire to balance and harness the energies within me.

How I can best deal with this situation?
I can use the attributes of the Magician to regain a sense of control and focus within my environment in order to deal with the 7 of Swords, which expresses my desire to avoid conflict and confrontation experienced by my inner Page of Swords, the one who remains defensive, suspicious of others' motives/feelings, and unsatisfied with her own intellectual/educational achievements.

having a little trouble with wording tonight, but I think you can get the gist. sorry if it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Kaz: I feel like you did a much better job with this than I did. Thanks for starting us off.

napaisti

Kaz

napaisti, i didnt get what you were saying until i read the second part. that was very clear, i think you did a good job, did the story make sense to you?
mine did for me, i used thoth deck first time and these cards cut right through to the bone, i love this deck.

kaz

napaisti

kaz, you're right. the second part did make more sense than the first in how I wrote it. I wasn't expressing myself very well in the first part. (maybe because the cards were hitting a little too close to home. :confused: )

I'm glad the Thoth works so well for you. I know I'm really loving working with the Old Path; it doesn't coddle me, but it doesn't hit me over the head with the interpretations either. There's a subtlety that makes me really focus on the big picture for the cards, and when I do that I can't ignore the things I don't want to see.

napaisti

Jewel

Better late than never *LOL*

Deck Used: Robin Wood
Cards I drew:
Court Card: King of Wands
Minor Arcana Card: 3 of Wands
Major Arcana Card: Death

I am acting like a King of Wands, an excited expert, in a 3 od Wands situation in which I feel confident that I have achieved success but remain eager because of Death, which describes my need to take my knowledge to a new level based on experience.

(Can you say run-on sentence?!?!?!?!?! *LOL*)

I can use my attributes of Death to take my work to a new level in order to deal with 3 of wands, which expresses my desire to explore new territory professionally, experienced by my inner King of Wands, the one who is eager to master and share the knowledge to create change.

Most definetly the second one makes more sense ... but there really should be some further punctuation to help divide the concepts and ideas. Might even make both parts make sense ... ohhhh well ....

Jewel

I posted mine before reading yours so that I would not change mine to make it better *LOL*. You both did so great! I did this exercise so long ago that I sort of lost where I was at the time, but it still applies. I think you guys did a MUCH better job in filling in the blanks than I did ... I should have probably gone back and redone it with my Cosmic Tribe deck but I just wanted to catch up with you guys on the board.

By the way I bought the new version of TFY, I have not had time to really look through it well, and I will probably go through the WHOLE thing again and try to stick to one deck in doing it this time *LOL*. So far in this edition I have used the Robin Wood, Tarot of the Old Path, Osho Zen, and Cosmic Tribe ... which by the way I went back and did that table of correspondences with my CT deck and was able to do it really easily. I just love that deck!. The next time I do all of TFY I will probably either do it with the Osho Zen or the Wild Spirit ... both non-traditional decks.

Kaz glad you love the Thoth! it is a cool deck. The CT is based on the Thoth.

Naipaisti ... the next time I have trouble for words I hope it is your kind of trouble ;) ... I think you are quite eloquent personally.