Audition Spread

Alissa

Rogan said:
Just heard from the director then... Got the role - Im playing Mike in A Chorus Line here in South Australia...
Niiiiiice~!!!! (high fives) Congratulations to you! I keep hoping my musical theatre company will do Chorus Line... I would so enjoy doing that. Not sure if it's a matter of buying the rights and can't afford it or what. (They're doing Beauty and the Beast this year though, which was hard to get rights for). But I do hope you enjoy yourself to the fullest!

Rogan

Ahhh - It's nothing special...
I do theatre here in South Australia - Ive just finished my third season of Les Miserables (as marius) - Have done JCSuperstar, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour DreamCoat, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown (Snoopy), Into The Woods (Jack) just to name a few...

Theatre in Aus is a little different to USA - There's no Equity here like you guys have, so it's either Amatuer, Pro-Am or Professional. Touring Companies etc are usually sourced out in Sydney or Melbourne... I do a lot of Pro-Am stuff (which is the equivilant to your Equity shows over there) and a bit of Pro stuff - Chorus Line is what we like to call "community theatre" though, it's being put on a by a local company...

So there ya go ;)

Rogan

firemaiden

Rogan said:
Just heard from the director then... Got the role - Im playing Mike in A Chorus Line here in South Australia...

BRAVO!!!! That is fantastic.

KaliAngelKat

Other Uses?

I can see this spread expanded for things like Tryouts for a sport or a look at how a competition may go.

Well done!