"Psychic Tarot" book

Sarah

Has anybody read this book, is it any good? My favorite books focus on the meaning of the symbolism and I am looking for a book that takes a more intuitive approach. What kind of exercises or suggestions does this book recommend?

thanks
-Sarah

Jeanette

I'm not familiar with it. Who is the author?

Lee

I think this is a book by Craig Junjulas (or something like that). It was written specifically for the Aquarian deck, and USGames sells it with the Aquarian as a set. If I remember correctly, it describes each Aquarian card with fairly standard meanings. It does have some introductory chapters covering different types of psychic activity and learning to use one's intuition.

I think it's a fairly decent book, but frankly there must be better books on developing intuition, even if they don't relate specifically to tarot per se.

-- Lee

bec

Hmmm sad to say all my books on the subject are by danish authors, but I have one titled "TheFlow" by Charlene Berlitz (expert in HumanPotentialMovement and NLP) and Meg Lundstrom (jounalist in PersonalDevelopement). It has absolutely nothing to do with tarot - but it gives a very good insight in how to reach the level within you, where your intuition speaks out loud.
Otherwise I would recommend books about MentalVisualizing, PositiveThinking and NLP.

Sarah

Thank you for the replies, looking for a more general book about intuition
is a good idea. In the meantime I have begun doing a psychic development
exercise that I made up. I shuffle, and then touch the card lightly on top
lightly. At first I tried to "feel" what suite it was, or if it was a major arcana.
That didn't work too well! Now I am just trying to "feel" if it is a warm, active
card with lots of reds and oranges or a cool, receptive card with lots of blue
and green.

-Sarah

bec

That´s very interesting......... how are you doing?- get any feelings from it ? would like to know in details how you do it... like meditation, grounding or ????
tried it my self - but I don´t "feel" a thing - maybe some kind of ritual would help

bec

oooohhhh and you mention your favorite books being about sybolism....... could you give some titles and authors please ? :) always looking for great books :)

bec

Hi - just me again :D
found a book in english "Developing Intuition" by Shakti Gawain , haven´t read it yet, but there should be loads of exercises and advise in it .........

Dagda

A good book for developing the intuition is: "Practical Intuition" by Laura Day and another one is "Get Psychic" by Stacey Wolf. Both have some great exercises in them.

As far as trying to use the cards to "guess" or intuit what will come up, try starting with a normal deck of cards. First try to see if you can guess the Black and Red of it. Then, once your accuracy builds, try guessing/intuiting which suit it is....then take out the face cards and guess/intuit the number on the card, 1-10. You should be able to build your intuition that way. ;) This was just one exercise from "Get Psychic".

Good Luck! :D

deso

Another great psychic expansion book is "The Lightworker's Way" by Doreen Virtue :)