Book Recommendations

Major Tom

Gather round everyone and I will tell you a story about this community from my point of view }>

When this board existed in a previous incarnation, Tarotbear posted as a topic about (was it finding your year card?) from R.T. Kaser's Tarot in 10 Minutes I bought this book as a result of Tarotbear's post and I've been using it ever since. }>

Some will remember that I've only ever read using the major arcana - I decided Tarot in 10 Minutes would be a good way to learn the minor arcana }>

This is not an exageration - this is not a linear book - this book is a remarkable oracale. Open it and let it take you where you will go. Along the way - it's taking longer than 10 minutes - I'm learning the minor arcana }>

Kiama

I bought RT Kaser's Runes In 10 Minutes, and his African Oracles in 10 Minutes. Both excellent, esp. Runes in 10 mins.

I'll have to track down the Tarot one you mentioned, Major Tom!

Kiama

faunabay

Learning the Tarot by Joan Bunning -- wonderful, outstanding, awesome book! (Can you tell I like it? :) )

For all of you that got into the class on Barnes and Noble I am SO jealous. I tried for 2 weeks and it never happened.

I decided that even though I couldn't take the class I could still buy the book. It's wonderful! Among many other things, she has a great way of helping me understand card combinations better. I'm only about a third of the way through but when I saw Major Tom's post here about books I felt I just had to recommend it to anyone who hasn't heard of it yet.

Definitely big thumbs up!!!!!

MeeWah

I agree with Major Tom's assessment of "Tarot in 10 Minutes". It is not a frivolous book though the title may be misleading. There is much depth to Kaser's book that is not evident until one examines the book's material closely. I had thumbed through it at Waldenbooks a long time ago, but after Tarotbear's posts on it I bought it.

tarotbear

WOW! You mean someone actually paid attention to something I said?

I've been recommending Tarot In Ten Minutes for years; although it may not directly teach you anything about tarot (Congrats to you, Major Tom!) it IS a very entertaining book to work with.

:p :p :p