best book that comes in a set

kayne

I can't believe no one has mentioned the book that goes with the Osho Zen yet - that is excellent.

I agree with the Cosmic Tribe book too - very good. I like the inclusion of poetry.

Kiama

Pythgorean Tarot: Never in my life have I ever seen such an acdemic and intellectual and in depth(480 page) study of the cards! Certainly not light bedtime reading, but excellent all the same.

Robin Wood: Why, oh why, oh why did she not get it published by Llewellyn with the deck?! it would've been so much easier!!! It took me a year of searching to finally find this book, and I'm glad I did!

Legend, Arthuian: Lots of stuff to read, think about, and enjoy. I just love the way it presents the Arthurian legends.

Kiama

arizonagirl

The books that come with the Mystic Tarot and the Buckland Romani Tarot are both very, very good. They are 'real' books, not LWB's.

divinerguy

Don't forget the Voyager, which has a good book with it. James Wanless has also written a comprehensive reader's guide if you really want to get into his system.

Gary

Liliana

Tho I dont personally own it yet, I hear the book that goes with the Tarot of the Saints is really good

Scorpion

kayne (15 Feb, 2002 20:42):
I can't believe no one has mentioned the book that goes with the Osho Zen yet - that is excellent.

I agree with the Cosmic Tribe book too - very good. I like the inclusion of poetry.

I agree entirely, Kayne - both these books have my backing, but the Osho one in particular - so relevant and so clear, I thought the various Zen excerpts were perfect illustrations.

Also, the bigger book that goes with the Voyager deck - I was a bit miffed at having to buy this separately as the book that comes boxed with it is a half-size version and I didn't like it at all: in fact, I put the deck to one side because I was struggling so much until I saw the full book.

Greenman

so, apparently everyone's favorite book is the one that comes with their favorite deck?

kayne

Greenman: :-D LOL Funny that...

sif

Well, I guess if we didn't like the deck, we wouldn't look at the book... ;-)

As for my own biased opinion, the Vertigo tarot (which is one of my favorites) has a lovely book. Rachel Pollack, author of 78 Degrees of Wisdom, wrote it. It's quite in-depths and reads along beautifully with the deck by exploring the picture, explaining elements of the picture and then into their meanings. She obviously spent a lot of time meditating on the deck.

My only problem with the book is that the font is absolutely miniscule. And I'm serious here--after page 15, the font *notably* diminishes in size! You'd think DC would have more money than this.