Emperor and Queen of Wands : 2 colours Light and Dark Why?

lucifall

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3581/mkx5ajmcko.jpg

In the picture i cutted the Emperor and the Queen of Wands in 4 pieces and pasted the 4 pieces together.

the Emperor: the Mountains and hand and sand on the bottom left and right are different coloured. The left side of the Emperor card is coloured yellow and the right side Orange

Queen of Wands: The hands are coloured differently, The dress is coloured left yellow and on the right White. The Earth on the left is coloured yellow while on the other side grey apears. The lions left and right are looking different.

Why only these cards (as far as I know) have different colouring on the Right and the left side?

I figured this out:
Emperor = Heh,Window, Aries connected with vision
Queen of Wands 20degr Pisces- 20 degr Aries
Both are connected with Aries, heh and with vision.
With the Queen Water is involved, is this echoed in the grey ground and the white dress?
Grey is a mix of opposite colours, as the Queen (Water) of Wands.

Any Ideas?

brightcrazystar

Coloration is not as much a key in the images like that, in all things.

The background change you noticed is more significant, as it is representing the overlap of zodiacal signs and their attributions.

The white cape she has and as you saw part of her dress is the "corslet and buskins" of Lorica Squamata (scale mail) - The artist opted for a Lamellar mantle (the scales are swen to each other instead of to leather backing), which is more attributed to the Mamluks, instead of the Byzantine, for a more feminine (to the victorian eye) look. The decision may have been Waite's for it makes sense from him G.D. backgroud that all the kings and queens look like palette swaps in many ways - which makes them hard to read until you understand them in great context. Can you even tell her cloak is metal? and what of the leopard at her feet? I have often felt that cat was a feline of a personal acquatiance for "Pixie".

The cards are described by Pamela Colman Smith as "colored badly", and are not consistent across publications. I have only, with my eyes, seen one deck older than 1930, and it is almost bleached of color compared to mine in many places (mine being approx 24 years old). This may actually, on a quantum level be because the cards need to be discolored for one person for one crucial key to their own set course. They have been since commercial publishing, and a good bit of that is because of the cost efficiency of mass production. Sometimes it matters, sometimes it is less intentional, even if it remains symbolic or important.

The fact is many things are more obvious that still escape people, such as The emperor's left knee showing. The knees are ruled by capricorn, and Aries squared Capricorn to the left, in the wheel of the zodiac. This shows the card is incomplete but alludes to how the card should be properly illustrated.

Also each King, in the formal names given is titled an Emperor of a type of Elemental, of which only the Air of Air is their division of gender. Therein is a key to this card (being the quadratic air of each elemental suit) and the function of the ego in the sexual union that brings forth a new human as a new ego is attracted to the solar system.

Waite felt he could not, without violating oath display the Emperor's actual immobility, for he represents the Past Hierophant in a particular function he performs, as the Hierophant descends the dias to attend to the reception of the candidate, in the Hall of the Neophyte during a specific section of the ritual. Instead he surrounded him with the desolation of his environment, which is fiery, with no sun present.

That is also a HUGE element of the symbolism of the equinox ritual, where the heirophant steps down, and momentarily, the Emperor is the most senior officer, as emmisary of the Imperator. The justice card has the other half of this key.