fairy lights tarot ♡

MagsStardustBlack

You know I haven't done the pairing thing. I just want them to fall naturally together - I'll know them when I see them! Lovely deck.
Hmmm. My initial reaction was how can you possibly resist. Then I thought, well it is kinda looking at your presents before Christmas.

Last night I paired them all, photographed them all as a pair, edited and cropped them and saved them all.

Planning on printing them off. A4 on paper and logging the meanings and insights.

MagsStardustBlack

I sometimes pull out the paired card after having put down the spread. It often reveals surprising relationships.
Oh nice idea! :)

Le Fanu

Last night I paired them all, photographed them all as a pair, edited and cropped them and saved them all.

Planning on printing them off. A4 on paper and logging the meanings and insights.
But I wonder if one knows them too well, it becomes hard to look at a card without being influenced by what you know is in the other half. I know I would be.

MagsStardustBlack

But I wonder if one knows them too well, it becomes hard to look at a card without being influenced by what you know is in the other half. I know I would be.
Hmmm, it's a hard one. You might assume that youl read individual cards, and that the paired meaning will only come into awareness in the presence of a partner. But who knows how our awareness assesses information. You could be right.

I have come across a few pairs in readings so far an they seem to add a richer dimension, and almost add transparency and congruence, nothing is hidden. Depending on their positions can reveal links between people or areas affecting another or hidden agendas where by a link wouldn't be so visible.

But you would see that stuff anyways if they just popped up without being previously unaware.

I'm not sure becoming familiar with the pairs would influence how you would see a single card without the partner, anymore than any combination you would learn in any reading would influence that combination again in another reading. Other than building a tarot vocabulary of meanings and insights. Which is what it's all about.

I feel it's all in the questions asked, the meanings and card positions along with intuition as to how pairs react to one another possibly.

This how I live with myself cause Iv seen them all :)

Bookwight

Oh, I love this deck too! I just got it a few months ago and still haven’t worked with it much, partly because it arrived with a strong, nasty, chemical smell. So it’s been mostly locked away in a little box with incense… and now it’s starting to smell really lovely.

I did sit down one day and find all the pairs, and wrote them down. I plan to journal about them all, eventually. Just write down my thoughts in a free-association, stream-of-conscious kind of way, and see what arises. …And now I want to try what you did, MagsStardustBlack, with photographing and editing them… Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

Le Fanu said:
But I wonder if one knows them too well, it becomes hard to look at a card without being influenced by what you know is in the other half.

Ah, but what if that’s what I want? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to change your mind. To want that NOT to happen is a legitimate path.

But it’s also a legitimate path to want that TO happen — and that’s the path that beckons me. I look forward to growing familiar with those card-pairs, and having each one add a few stars to the constellation of meanings that surrounds the other. It’ll be unique to this deck, and part of its magic for me.

Oh, by the way, Le Fanu, you get some of the credit for me buying this deck. I read your blog post about it awhile ago, and it inspired me to look up more about the deck, and then I couldn’t rest till I had it. :laugh:

MagsStardustBlack

Oh, I love this deck too! I just got it a few months ago and still haven’t worked with it much, partly because it arrived with a strong, nasty, chemical smell. So it’s been mostly locked away in a little box with incense… and now it’s starting to smell really lovely.

I did sit down one day and find all the pairs, and wrote them down. I plan to journal about them all, eventually. Just write down my thoughts in a free-association, stream-of-conscious kind of way, and see what arises. …And now I want to try what you did, MagsStardustBlack, with photographing and editing them… Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

Ah, but what if that’s what I want? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to change your mind. To want that NOT to happen is a legitimate path.

But it’s also a legitimate path to want that TO happen — and that’s the path that beckons me. I look forward to growing familiar with those card-pairs, and having each one add a few stars to the constellation of meanings that surrounds the other. It’ll be unique to this deck, and part of its magic for me.

Oh, by the way, Le Fanu, you get some of the credit for me buying this deck. I read your blog post about it awhile ago, and it inspired me to look up more about the deck, and then I couldn’t rest till I had it. :laugh:
We are restarting a study thread if you would like to join in? It's on The Pairs :)

So glad your deck smells better now :)

Mags

Bookwight

We are restarting a study thread if you would like to join in? It's on The Pairs :)

So glad your deck smells better now :)

Mags

Yes! That might be just the motivation I need. Hopping over there now. :D

thirdlibra

pgfcox

My Fairy Lights asked me for a staurolite. Who am I to say no?

MagsStardustBlack

But i off course, the fairies are big spenders I have noticed, they always make me buy :) I can't see the image, but is that a fairy cross Crystal?