A deck for the earth

Akiwa

I have been doing readings for the planet Earth, trying to understand what she needs from me and my practices. I am questing a good deck for this work. I've been using primarily the Wild Unknown, but would love a deck even richer in images from the natural world. I work primarily with RWS style decks, but am open to all suggestions including Oracle decks, though I have little experience with them. I want strong and beautiful, well-executed images. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much.

feynrir

I have coveted the Gaian for earthy readings. It's simply gorgeous...do believe it's a bit hard-to-find, though.

I had the Wildwood for similar reasons and while the deck has beautiful artwork, I found it a bit too human for readings like that. (I also hated the cardboardy cardstock and thick white borders, though I know some don't mind those.) It is certainly less human than the Druidcraft though.

All in all, I recommend the Gaian. :)

Akiwa

Thank you for this suggestion. It is available on amazon, and a limited edition from the artist looks amazing, but a bit beyond my pocket book at nearly $250! It appears to me that the suits have been reworked in an earth-based way... It looks very nice and kind of friendly! Thanks again.

Southerngem65

I purchased a brand new Gaian Tarot with book from Ebay a week or so ago for $30.00. I like it. It is very gentle in it's messages.

Wildwood or Tarot of the Old Path might also work.

Maan

i think the wild unknown would be a great earth deck because there are no humans in the deck

AJ

Poppy Palin's decks are earthy

Akiwa

Thank you everyone, for your thoughtful replies. I've decided to get the Advaitarot, just ordered it from the Netherlands. Fingers crossed.

nrg4vr

Wow - the Advaitarot looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing this. I'm curious to know the cost of it... if you don't mind sharing? I love earth themed decks, and am really being pulled towards this one ; ) I also have the Gaian, and love it :) It's a very personal deck for me.

Akiwa

Hi nrg4vr, it is $61 US dollars plus $24 for shipping, so $85. Never in my life did I think I would spend this much on a deck. All the ones I was looking at for this aspect of my work were hard to obtain and pricey, so I decided to go for the that was calling the loudest. I love how elemental it is. The maker said that he has dedicated this deck to the natural world and the oneness of all. Beautiful, I thought, and right up my alley!