Your First Deck

Calcifer

My first deck was a Rider-Waite - probably the University Books one (but I'm not sure). I got it on my 11th birthday - December 11, 1968. Until recently I thought I still owned it - but when I went to dig it out of retirement, it was mysteriously "not there". I have no idea at all of what could have happened to it. Since then it has been replaced by what is now known as The Original Rider-Waite, and I'm totally consoled :)
Michael

GlitterNova

I should probably respond to my own thread, lol. My first deck was the Paulina Tarot. I was going through a very difficult time in my life when I bought that deck, and I found it to be loving and comforting to use. I still own the deck but I don't use it very much. I'm waiting for it to tell me it wants to come out and be used some more.

huntd04

My first deck was a RWS pocket size deck. I purchased it myself after my fiance exposed me to tarot and I realized that it appealed to me. I bought this deck in particular because the RWS is one of the oldest of the modern tarot decks and I am more of a traditionalist in most things. When I received it though. because it was purchased online instead of in person, was the first time I realized it was the pocket edition.

I am sure you all know this but just in case you didn't, the pocket edition is roughly the size of normal playing cards which is much smaller than your typical tarot deck. I received a little teasing about the size of the cards from my fiance but they are still part of my collection along with a normal size RWS deck.

journeyinghome

Very first deck was the 1JJ Swiss. A gift from my mother. I tried to learn to use it, but it was impossible.
First deck I bought for myself was the Llewellyn. We have gone through some ups and downs, but I don't think I'll ever part with it. I don't use it much, but it stays, for sentimental reasons :)

delizt

My very first ever tarot purchases was the Jungian Tarot and the Thoth, I couldn't decide!

Chiefsmom

Mine was the Rider Waite. My mom gave me her deck. It is still the one I read with the most.

Hecatere

Hello everyone,

My first deck was a Tarot Balbi, already used, gifted by a friend of my sister. I have used it many times and still generates in me its magnetic power derived from its vibrant colors .... Maybe that's why I do not like the new decks .... I prefer those that are used with history, plagued by memories and secrets.