Cosmic Tarot Deck

Gavin Lain

Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) by Norbert Losche

has anyone used this deck for readings and what did you think about it, did you like the visuals/symbolism of it?

i seen there were also 2 books written on it as well

The Cosmic Tarot book by Jean Huets and
The Cosmic Tarot: Signposts Along the Path by Laura E. Clarson

Nemia

This deck was my third (Thoth - Haindl - Cosmic, and then sometime Morgan/Greer... were my first decks), and I like it. I read Jean Huets' book much later but found it not very helpful.

I like the idea of using Hollywood stars as archetypes - it works very well for me. It's not a celebrity gimmick but really takes the word "stars" to its conclusion - that Bogie&Bacall's embrace has become an icon like Amor and Psyche, and that we recognize it as more than a scene from a movie. Of course, if you don't know Gina Lollobrigida or Hedy Lamarr, you lose one facet of the deck.

I also like the art - ink drawings with a very thin pen and very gentle water colours. The Eighties style doesn't disturb me - I bought the deck a short time after the 80s and grew older with it ;) The piercing eyes are wonderful, and some images from the bitter history of the 20th century are very powerful for me.

Recently, I trimmed it which makes the pictures really pop and stand out.

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/...cards trimmed/P1110012640x480_zps20afd802.jpg

I use it less recently, I discovered a lot of new decks and I'm intoxicated with them, but I always had reliable, honest readings with my good old Cosmic.

Oh the card backs are lovely, too.

RunningWild

I've only recently acquired the Cosmic Tarot myself. I like the colors. It is a very much an 80s deck and you can do a search on here for the deck and see what others have had to say about that. I also bought the book by Clarson. I haven't had a good stretch of time to sit down and read the book or use the deck yet, unfortunately.

Pam O

I enjoy my Cosmic. It is more Thoth based than RWS. I did not learn this until I had been reading the Cosmic for a while. I just knew that some of the RWS meaning did not really fit.

One of the books was a waste of $, the other was ok, but nothing to write home about.

Since my parents felt TV was not healthy, we did not have one growing up, so I don't know all the famous people. I am happy reading the deck without an extensive movie background.

The Cosmic is one of my top favorite 20 decks I own out of about 200. I would not want to let it go...

Le Fanu

I love the Cosmic. It is one of that select group of decks (the 1JJ Swiss is another) that looks exactly how I feel tarot decks should look. It looks mysterious and strange and a little unsettling, replete with secrets. The Moon and Star are among my favourite depictions of any deck. It reads wonderfully for me. There is nothing I don't like about it. I use the FX Schmid version most now because I like the slightly smaller, more compact size and the lettering, although the AG Muller edition is excellent too. I love it. Others have their Morgan Greer - that trusty tarot friend across the years that chooses you - but for me it is the Cosmic. I think part of why I love it is the 80s-ness, just as most people must love the Morgan Greer because it reminds them of the 70s. But then you go beyond that and love something deeper.

I really love this deck - RWS, Thoth, who cares - it just reads, and I don't feel that way about any other deck; usually the system dominates but weirdly I never feel I'm using my Thoth knowledge with this one. It's just the Cosmic. Like coming home. The Courts are a dream to read for me too.

nisaba

Cosmic Tarot Deck (78 Tarot Cards/Cs78) by Norbert Losche

has anyone used this deck for readings and what did you think about it, did you like the visuals/symbolism of it?
I got it, I think, in the early or middle nineties, and I loved the artistic style. Many years later, someone here completely ruined the deck for me, by telling me that the faces on the deck were celebrities, actors and other such unimportant people. I couldn't look at the deck for a couple of years after that.

I sincerely hope I *never* find out who the cards are supposed to be.

But it is beautifully drawn, and it tempted me back to it eventually. Now, I *know* the artist doesn't live in Australia, but the Hermit is the portrait of a friend of mine, and the Two Pentacles is the portrait of another friend of mine. It warms my heart to see either or both of those cards come out.

i seen there were also 2 books written on it as well

The Cosmic Tarot book by Jean Huets and
The Cosmic Tarot: Signposts Along the Path by Laura E. Clarson
Haven't read either of them. You don't need them - it works as pure Tarot.

lightpers

I have seen the deck years ago and now it appears again in one of bookstores in here, seeing how people in here and Amazon's reviewers makes me want a copy!

Rhinemaiden

Go ahead, get it! While the faces depicted may not be stars in your firmament, it really doesn't matter. If you recognize the face, it adds to the enjoyment of the deck; if not, who cares? I have both editions, prefer the FXSchmid for the smaller size, type face etc. But either edition will do. It's often very reasonably priced on auction sites. :thumbsup: Enjoy!

delizt

This was one of the first Tarot decks I ever owned, I love it. The artwork is beautiful and easy to read with. My niece recently was looking through my decks and while knowing nothing about tarot, immediately grabbed the Cosmic because she said it looked "like it told a story."

It's now her first deck:)) lol

Le Fanu

It works if you know some and don't know others. It has been repeatedly said that the Prince of Cups is Tom Cruise and I personally think that no way does that look like Tom Cruise. Or the Queen of Wands is Liz Tayor, what?

Plus there are people who are identificable but whom I know nothing about - Queen of Swords might be Isabella Rossellini, and there are others - so it doesn't give me any additional info or insight into the card.

But I do see Uri Geller in the Prince of Swords. Talk about the power of the mind, the power of thought...