Kitty Kahane

gregory

faunabay said:
OMG!!! (disgusted with myself)

Hedera, now you have me thinking.....should I get the Kitty Kahane deck for myself????? :p
Psst.

Yes :D

It's FAB ! Reads like nothing else you read with before ! WICKED !

faunabay

gregory said:
Psst.

Yes :D

It's FAB ! Reads like nothing else you read with before ! WICKED !
Oh well that helps!! (said sarcastically)

:p hehehehe :p

Hedera

faunabay said:
Oh well that helps!! (said sarcastically)

:p hehehehe :p

You could always try and go over to the de-enable thread... ;)

gregory

Hedera said:
You could always try and go over to the de-enable thread... ;)
Which this isn't, so I can praise it to the skies. It deserves no less. No really - it is one I USE for reading, not one I just give a go now and again. It's FUNNY. And accurate.

faunabay

Hedera said:
Do you like colourful, oddball decks?

Decks that have a sense of wimsy, but are still solid, useful reading decks?

Decks that have characters of all colours and shapes (one with three sets of eyes, even)?

Decks with unique artwork, where you can tell that the artist <i>gets</i> tarot, didn't just copy RWS (yet is still comfortably within the RWS tradition)?
Where any and all changes were clearly made with a firm grasp of what the card is trying to say?

Decks with lots of details, that are not only funny, but can also be used as meaningful clues in a reading (or just considered decoration, if they're not needed)?

A deck with one of the most heartfelt, melancholy, emotion-filled 9 of Swords I've ever seen?
I"m sunk!! Because it's a YES to all those questions. LOL

psst.....
I just PM'd someone who had one listed a while ago and I don't think they traded or sold it. hehehehe

gregory

Give up and get it. You know you want to - and I promise you will be pleased.

I am being serious. (yes OK now have a lie down ! But I am ! (look who started this thread !)

Hedera

faunabay said:
I"m sunk!! Because it's a YES to all those questions. LOL

psst.....
I just PM'd someone who had one listed a while ago and I don't think they traded or sold it. hehehehe

Good for you! :)

I agree with Gregory, it's a real workhorse of a deck.

It feels like a good friend; smart and practical, helpful and optimistic (but not saccharine).

Oh, and the LWB, while not a full-length book, is one of the best LWBs I know; plenty is left to the imagination, but what they say about the cards almost always hits the mark for me.

faunabay

Hopefully I can get it in a trade but if not I'll probably buy one. They're not too expensive. LOL I have looked at it before, but the weird colors didn't do much for me. Now after hearing what you both have to say about it though, I know I'll like it myself too. :p

Hedera

faunabay said:
Hopefully I can get it in a trade but if not I'll probably buy one. They're not too expensive. LOL I have looked at it before, but the weird colors didn't do much for me. Now after hearing what you both have to say about it though, I know I'll like it myself too. :p

The colours are indeed a little weird, but I got used to it quickly; somehow, they look more 'normal' after a while.
And I really like all the different skin tones on people!

(besides, the colours in the RWS are weird, too, and a lot of people are ok with that... ;) )

faunabay

OK, I'm getting magpie's Kitty Kahane!! :laugh:

You both sure are good.........or am I a pushover? })