Austin Osman Spare Tarot

_R_

Just saw that Spare's Tarot will not only be on show in London next month, but has also been republished in book form.

Link 1

Link 2

Babalon Jones

Thank you for posting this! Off to check it out. Not in deck form, though?

Sumada

Ordered! ;-)

Samweiss

I have my copy on preorder. I'm also currently reading Phil Baker's book about life of AOS.

Richard

From what I've read about him, he was . . . rather unique. :bugeyed:

_R_

Thank you for posting this! Off to check it out. Not in deck form, though?

No mention of a deck as of yet, but it's probably fair to say that there's one in preparation.

It may be the case that book sales could be negatively impacted were the deck to appear first, just a hunch. Then again, AOS' work does attract a cult-like following (excuse the pun).

Interested parties should contact the publishers for further details - and to exert gentle persuasion.

Myrrha

Even if it were published as a deck it wouldn't be useful to anyone else, at least as a reading deck. Spare was not using a received system. He claimed to have come up with the meaning of each card for himself and said that the process of doing this oneself is a big part of the method. He describes in one of his books how you can go through this process and make your own deck. I forgot which book describes this but they should still be available in PDF.

Babalon Jones

I was super bummed to have missed the special embossed edition but went ahead and pre-ordered the standard edition back in April. The site now says "available now" but I've not received a shipping notice yet. Has anyone else ordered and received it or have any idea when to expect this? (I'm in the US)