1JJ Swiss book?

HearthCricket

Suddenly I have become re-enchanted with the 1JJ Swiss deck, perhaps from nostalgia. It was my first deck, given to me at age 12 by my parents, at Christmas. I recently pulled it out of the bureau to work with. But I feel like I am ready to try reading the unillustrated pips and wondered if anyone suggests a book to use to get warmed up? Thank you!

Anam Cara

HearthCricket...
A few years ago, I picked up the vintage 70's companion book to this deck in a used book store, thinking I would pick the deck up at a later date (I still haven't!!)
But reading your post, I'm thinking perhaps I should send this book to you!? (t'would be a gift!)
PM me if your interested! :)
:heart:cara

Bonnie

Cara:

What a kind, generous offer! The IJJ was gifted to me by a friend of my sister's, quite a while after I started working in the world of Tarot. It was her brother's, and had been greatly loved. She was passing it on because she did not read with the Tarot, and she wanted the deck to go to someone that would take care of it.

It was my first Marseilles-style deck, and is still a favorite.

How great to see nice things going on in a world that can be a bit rough at times. :)

Blessings,
Bonnie

Lleminawc

I also happened to spot the companion book in a second-hand shop today: it's of some historical interest, as I believe this was the first Tarot deck issued by US Games and the book is written by none other than Stuart Kaplan.

Tomsde

It is very similar to the Tarot of Marseilles and there are books out there about that, I'm sure what's in there could be applied to this deck as well.

Lillie

I believe that the book usually packaged with this deck was called 'Tarot for fun and fortune telling' by Kaplan.