My method of reading playing cards

SunsetKay

Thank you from me as well! I'm having to learn meanings almost from scratch, because my mother didn't learn enough from her mother to account for even half a deck, and my friend's Scandinavian system differs quite a bit from the little I gleaned before; and I do have a book but I'm not as fond of it as I once was.

You're very welcome. Sorry for the delay in response, I forgot all about this thread until I got a notification this morning.

SunsetKay

I wonder if this refers to (or somehow echoes a variety of) the traditional timing method often used with the playing cards, associating each card of a suit with a respective week of the respective season - a very handy method indeed, given that each season contains roughly 13 weeks. Thus A:heart: would denote the 1st week of summer (1-7 June), 2:heart: would be the 2nd week (8-14 June), etc. The few day discrepancy is quite negligible, I think. :)

You're very probably right. I just never paid attention because my gram only used it for paying customers, the method that she used for herself was the same one that I prefer.

I forgot all about this thread. I'll try to get the magic meanings typed up soon. :)

dancing_moon

You're very probably right. I just never paid attention because my gram only used it for paying customers, the method that she used for herself was the same one that I prefer.

I forgot all about this thread. I'll try to get the magic meanings typed up soon. :)

Didn't get any notifications about this one for some reason. :bugeyed: Still looking forward to the magic meanings!

All the best to you. :)

magicjack

I would like to commend you for such a wonderful post and thank you as well! Playing cards have always fascinated me but all my energy was always spent on Tarot. I have been working with the playing cards for a couple of months now and I am taking a close look at your system. Your post is amazing and thanks again for sharing.

Honeysun

That's lovely!

How about yes/no questions? Do red cards mean yes and black cards mean no?

SunsetKay

That's lovely!

How about yes/no questions? Do red cards mean yes and black cards mean no?

Random Stuff:

I was taught three methods for yes/no questions. The first is to turn over a single card, red will be a yes and black is no. I find this doesn't work well for me.

The second (it actually works quite well) method is what I use if I want an in-depth answer to a yes or no. I'll turn over any odd number of cards (I usually use 3 or 5). If there are more red, the answer is yes. The MORE red there are in the sequence, the more definite the yes. If all the cards are red, the yes is so solid that it might as well be written in the stars. If it's mostly red, then it's most likely yes, but events can be altered. The cards that are laid out will tell me what will happen prior to getting my yes/no.

The third method is my personal favorite. I simply take the answer from the meaning of the card. ** It's important to keep in mind that the card meaning is additional information about the yes or no, just not as in-depth as the odd draw. **

Sorry, I was too lazy to type it all out again. :)