Why he left?

RAphrodite

I was seeing someone for three months. He slowed communication down for a couple of days and then gone without a word.

He stepped out of an eight year marriage a year and 2-3 months ago, Separated not divorced yet.

I did a spread about the relationship. The cards I drew for why he left was six of Pentacle, and since I wasn't clear I drew a clarifier and got knight of wands rx.
For his romantic feelings I got, four of wands rx.

So, I don't usually like seeing six pents in relationships, the transactional nature of the card makes me uncomfortable. I would say I did give in more in this relationship than he did, which h is why I would expect to see six pents reversed.

So six pents and knight of wands rx would mean we both wanted different things, I wanted more, and he didn't (obviously). He also said he wanted to be more impulsive.

Four of wands reversed as feelings says sparks gone, unfinished business (since he just disappeared), unstable feelings.

Thoughts?

Curious1

Why he left? 6 of pence. IMO, If he is the giver, he no longer wants to divide what he has to give, or, he doesn't have anything left to give. If he is a receiver, he is no longer in need of what the giver has to give.

Barleywine

I don't subscribe to the "gifty" give-and-take implications of the RWS 6 of Pentacles; to me, it's the "Lord of Material Success" or simply "Success," as in physical satisfaction. Six is a number of perfected balance, and in the element of Earth perhaps he decided to stop leaning on you for that sense of security and wants to step out as a "player" (Knight of Wands). He probably feels grounded and confident, and the reversal could just mean that he's not going to confront you with it any further (wanting to be more "impulsive" already seems like a code word for it) and will just slide away. The 4 of Wands is a card of stability and completion as well, so the reversal of that could also reflect an inability or unwillingness to take a stand. This situation has "avoidance" written all over it, and more than a little of "looking for greener pastures."

PAMUYA

Six of pence with the knight of wands reversed as the clarifing card. He was giving you what you wanted to hear. This reversed knight as a clarifier is a knight which is not noble. Maybe he was looking to have an affair, not a relationship. Perhaps not being honest with you. In and out quickly.

Enlightenment23

I was seeing someone for three months. He slowed communication down for a couple of days and then gone without a word.

He stepped out of an eight year marriage a year and 2-3 months ago, Separated not divorced yet.

I did a spread about the relationship. The cards I drew for why he left was six of Pentacle, and since I wasn't clear I drew a clarifier and got knight of wands rx.
For his romantic feelings I got, four of wands rx.

So, I don't usually like seeing six pents in relationships, the transactional nature of the card makes me uncomfortable. I would say I did give in more in this relationship than he did, which h is why I would expect to see six pents reversed.

So six pents and knight of wands rx would mean we both wanted different things, I wanted more, and he didn't (obviously). He also said he wanted to be more impulsive.

Four of wands reversed as feelings says sparks gone, unfinished business (since he just disappeared), unstable feelings.

Thoughts?

Hi RAphrodite,

Sorry about your situation :(. Well wishes from me.

I would agree with your Six of Pentacles Reversed interpretation. This pesky card always pops up when someone is giving too much of themselves and the other person is giving too little. So he recognized that there was a dynamic in which, honestly, you were more ready to invest into the relationship than he was ...

He knew that, but he didn't want to admit this to you or hurt your feelings, so he slowly disappeared. The Knight of Wands Reversed tells me that this situation between you and this guy was very fickle. He didn't want to follow through with this situationship he had with you - it was great and passionate, but he didn't see it lasting.

The 4 of Wands just means lack of stability, no foundation - he couldn't see this developing into something serious.

;( I wish he would have been honest with you! <3

Mystica7

It could be that he still feels especially financially responsible (as a provider) to his ex-wife, especially if they have children together.

I also believe that because of his situation (past baggage, current issues, selfishness etc.), a relationship with you proved a burden to him, because he wasn't in a position to give you what you deserve to make this an equal relationship.

4 of Wands RX for feelings shows lack of interest & commitment.

Congratulations for "losing" a man who wasn't capable of offering you long-term happiness.

RAphrodite

Why he left? 6 of pence. IMO, If he is the giver, he no longer wants to divide what he has to give, or, he doesn't have anything left to give. If he is a receiver, he is no longer in need of what the giver has to give.

I think the receiver bit makes sense, thank you for your. The he doesn't want to 'exchange' does resonate.

Thank you for your interpretation.

RAphrodite

I don't subscribe to the "gifty" give-and-take implications of the RWS 6 of Pentacles; to me, it's the "Lord of Material Success" or simply "Success," as in physical satisfaction. Six is a number of perfected balance, and in the element of Earth perhaps he decided to stop leaning on you for that sense of security and wants to step out as a "player" (Knight of Wands). He probably feels grounded and confident, and the reversal could just mean that he's not going to confront you with it any further (wanting to be more "impulsive" already seems like a code word for it) and will just slide away. The 4 of Wands is a card of stability and completion as well, so the reversal of that could also reflect an inability or unwillingness to take a stand. This situation has "avoidance" written all over it, and more than a little of "looking for greener pastures."

I see. I think the give and take interpretation of the six of pentacles is possible interpretation. Usually when I'm reading, I just take whatever meanings pops first in my head, or them meaning that makes sense with the adjoining card. But your interpretation seems understandable.

He got in touch with me over the weekend, and what I could decipher from his explanations was that a)he was emotionally disturbed, b)unreliable, c) still cares for me. I'm not going back to test these explanations.

The four of wands for his feelings does resonate, I think he cant handle the expectations of a relationship so soon after his separation. The knight of wands rx for a struggle with impulse management also makes sense to me.

Thank you for your interpretation, and sorry about the late response.

RAphrodite

Hi RAphrodite,

Sorry about your situation :(. Well wishes from me.

I would agree with your Six of Pentacles Reversed interpretation. This pesky card always pops up when someone is giving too much of themselves and the other person is giving too little. So he recognized that there was a dynamic in which, honestly, you were more ready to invest into the relationship than he was ...

Which is why the six pentacles upright surprised me. the reversed meaning makes more sense for the situation. The last time six pentacles showed up in my relationships was when I am waiting and longing for someone. 'why did he leave' and six of pents he didnt want to continue this exchange, or the dynamic was just too stable for him.

He knew that, but he didn't want to admit this to you or hurt your feelings, so he slowly disappeared. The Knight of Wands Reversed tells me that this situation between you and this guy was very fickle. He didn't want to follow through with this situationship he had with you - it was great and passionate, but he didn't see it lasting.

He got in touch with me over the weekend, and at first completely denied that he was the one who disappeared, and infact he neever recieved my messages. This is on whatsapp.. then later on says he just couldnt love upto anyones expectations, and because it was too much pressure, that he just couldnt handle it. So many point of views in a conversation... he really seemed emotionally disturbed. Or just a very good manipulator. I'm not staying to find out. Hes in therapy, so its not like I'm walking away leaving someone in pain.

The 4 of Wands just means lack of stability, no foundation - he couldn't see this developing into something serious.

I agree. I think four of wands rx here could also mean lack of resolution, or lack of completion. a tige of the ten cups reversed, but sortof like trying to reach a resolution for something. and being unable to

;( I wish he would have been honest with you! <3

Thank you for saying that, hugs. After the conversation on Sunday, I feel like I have more closure. Unhappy, but somewhat content.

Thanks again for your interpretation, and sorry about the late response.

RAphrodite

It could be that he still feels especially financially responsible (as a provider) to his ex-wife, especially if they have children together.

He doesnt have children. But financial commitments could be a possibility.

I also believe that because of his situation (past baggage, current issues, selfishness etc.), a relationship with you proved a burden to him, because he wasn't in a position to give you what you deserve to make this an equal relationship.

That seems to be spot-on. He established contact over the weekend, and thats what he said. He also seemed quite emotionally disturbed to be honest. Picked a fight with me thins morning. However, he cant give me what I need. Which is fine, we are in different emotional spaces.

I wonder if knight of wands rx could stand for some level of emotional disturbance, maybe volatility. i would expect to see knight cups rx for that. thoughts?

4 of Wands RX for feelings shows lack of interest & commitment.

Yeah, that could be it.

Congratulations for "losing" a man who wasn't capable of offering you long-term happiness.
Youre very sweet, thank you for saying that.

Thanks again for your interpretation