Haindl Study Group - Table of Contents

Windhorse

I hope this study group is still going.....

...I've just found it, thanks to Gardener.

I will endeavour to add some flavour to this forum.

I love Haindl's deck. I taught myself Tarot using Crowley's deck, then did a course that used RW, and found the whole thing confusing. Then came across Haindl and Quest which appeared to bridge the gap between the two rival schools of thought.

Keep up the good work people....

P

Driley

High Priestess

I hereby pledge and undertake to start a thread on the High Priestess this weekend and to assist in keeping it going so long as some others show interest as well. So help me my-better-self!

Seriously, it's the next Major and one of my very favoritest cards (if you watch, you'll eventually catch me saying that about every card).

If anyone else thinks that's a great idea and wants to take a crack at it before I get around to it, please feel free. You won't in any way discourage me or anything -- I'll just leap in when I get there.

la-luna

The only thing I can say about the haindl is that I just love it the feelings are not always mutual sometimes I get easy and great readings sometimes I have really to wrestles with it ,
I don’t know if it’s me or the deck that’s the cause of that.

Most of the time a see it as a most passionate but difficult lover and as in all great lovestorries ours is a stormy relation but I’m sure we will get by perhaps this studiegroup will act as a relationcancelour

Sophie

I'm enjoying discovering this wonderful deck. Too soon to tell how we'll get on in the long term ;) - but certainly a big pash at this stage!

I'm away from home for a few weeks & trying to get some work finished. So I'll not be participating in the study group until the end of August - but I hope by then I'll have something semi-intelligent to say about my deck :D

Windhorse

Haindl & Mythology

Hi guys.
I've just been over at the Campbell forum (www.jcf.org - conversations of a higher order) and we've been discussing this deck and it's connection with Joseph Campbell and his work on mythology.

I asked a couple of bods over there what they thought of Haindl's use of figures from different cultural mythologies to represent the Court:

"How does the inclusion of these mythological figures alter the 'vibe' of this deck. Whilst Crowley's deck is a bit far-out than most, it still holds fairly standard imagery - just in a wacky manner.
Haindl's revision of the Court Cards is probably the most important innovation to have happened to Tarot since the Rider-Waite and Crowley did their post-Golden Dawn revision over 100 years ago.

What do you guys (and anyone else) think?

I am struggling with using the Court Cards, because I am still trying to come to grips with their deep, structural meaning; still trying to reconcile the variations-on-themes from comparing different decks."

I thought I would ask here also and see what people at this forum thought.

Let me know your opinions....

P

Windhorse

Hey folks

If I wanna initiate a thread on one of the cards, how do I go about it?

Where do I start the new thread? do I do it from here?

Forgiveness please my ignorance on such a trivial matter....

:)
P

Gardener

Starting a new card

Hey Windhorse,

It's great that you want to start some new cards in this study group. I'm so glad to see your enthusiasm. Definitely not a trivial matter!

All you do is start a new thread within the Tarot Study Groups Forum. When you are reading a thread, you can find a button called "New Thread" either near the bottom left or top left of the screen. If you are on the contents page that lists the threads, instead of reading a particular thread, then it's a simple link rather than a button.

It's best if you start the title with "Haindl Study Group" so that people know which deck you are exploring. Once you have a thread up, either Moonbow*, who is the moderator of the Tarot Study Group Forum, or I will update the Table of Contents to include a link to your thread. That way, people will be able to find it and add to it any time in the future. Some of these study groups develop over years, believe it or not.

I'm looking forward to your observations, and hopefully will have a chance to respond to them too.

my_three_selves

I'm joining in if that is ok....

Hi everyone

I can see that it has been a few months since the last post on here but as I have only just bought the Haindl deck I am keen to read up on others thoughts and share my own.

I am used to the Rider Waite style decks and so this deck is somewhat different for me but I am more keen than I first expected I would be. At a first glance I could not even see some of the detail offered by the cards. I read through the little white book while looking at each card and noticed things I had not seen initially and this has totally drawn me into wanting to explore them more deeply.

I look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone.

crystal dawn

count me in too

Hello all
I have recently purchased this deck, after several years of saying to myself i must get that deck some day. My only regret is that i did not buy it sooner. The artwork is awe inspiring. I have the two books that go with the deck by Rachael Pollack (the revised editions) and am looking forwards to reading them also. I am a big fan particularly of nordic and egyptian mythology and most other mythologies and also read runes, so i feel that this deck caters for everything that i am interested in. I also know a little bit about the hebrew alphabet and the i ching, so am also looking forwards to developing my knowledge on those also.

Blessings

crystal dawn

sharpchick

Are the minors illustrated or numbered pips?