Chakra Crystals by Kate Tomas

EmpyreanKnight

I'm only new to crystals, so when I saw this book and stones set in a local bookstore, I knew I had to grab it. It was published by Connections, and with their reputation I felt confident about my purchase. At the price, it certainly was a steal. Inside were seven tumble stones, one for every chakra, and a very informative book. But since I'm just a beginner, I don't actually knkw how accurate the information written in there is.

So, just a question. Does anybody here own the set, or at the very least, the book? What do you think about it - do you find it useful, do you have any objections to the facts written there, etc.? Have you performed the meditations? How did you do that (they were rather long) - did you just memorize them and go with whatever you remember or did you have to record them and listen to your own voice as you meditate?

Here's a link for the set btw:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5986271-chakra-crystals

RiverRunsDeep

Just saw this thread!

I don't have this set or the book, but.....I do have a set of chakra crystals which were given to me by my Reiki mentor. I use them with a meditation I have devised on my own, and they are BEYOND useful. It is like experiencing a head to toe spiritual cleansing. So, even though I don't have the specific set you are describing, I would say give it a go, since the general idea is similar.

Also, here is a thread which you may or may not find useful.

EmpyreanKnight

Thanks RiverRunsDeep! Yup, I'm planning to dive deeply into the book, but only after I finalize the purchase of some really beautiful crystals to add to my as of yet meager collection. Since I'm just new to the Tarot, most of these focus on the Third Eye chakra, usually with another chakra as its secondary seat.

Wow, the thread you recommended was very interesting. One question though - do you have to know Reiki to do the vibrating stuff? I guess when you're a total newbie to it and you attempt that, it comes with disclaimers as it may be dangerous to yourself without professional supervision? How long do you have to study Reiki before you're at a sufficiently competent level to practice the chakra stones procedure by your lonesome?

RiverRunsDeep

No, you don't have to know Reiki to do the vibrating stuff. :) "Energy work" includes a wide variety of techniques outside of Reiki. Crystals (especially quartz) are scientifically known to have piezoelectric qualities, so they will vibrate regardless of what you are doing. The general idea is to match the vibration of a particular crystal to the vibration of a particular chakra or area of the body. For example, rose quartz is known to resonate with the heart chakra/chest area. You really don't have to do more than place the crystals over the chakras.

You could go a step further with meditation and visualization. I posted a very basic meditation I do with my crystals here.

Reiki is a very specific form of energy work that can't be effectively learned from books. To learn it, you would have to attend a class in which you "receive" the ability to perform Reiki from a teacher. Sounds all wacky woo-woo, right? :) I thought so too, until I experienced it for myself. If you are interested in more Reiki information, I think reiki.org is a good site to start with.

Good luck with your experimentation!

EmpyreanKnight

The general idea is to match the vibration of a particular crystal to the vibration of a particular chakra or area of the body. For example, rose quartz is known to resonate with the heart chakra/chest area. You really don't have to do more than place the crystals over the chakras

In the last part of the book this was discussed in detail as the Chakra Healing Layout. I must say it's a rather curious thing, but I am gonna try it when I get to that part. Thanks for the suggestions!

I browsed the Reiki site, and I found it really interesting. Some of the claims made my eyes goggle a bit, but hey, that was the very same reaction I had regarding the Tarot the first time I encountered it, and look where I am now. And if the proof of the pudding is in the scarfing, then your experiences should count in its favor. Just took a bite of the Reiki pie and found it mighty satisfying - once I finish the courses on my plate, I will surely return to finish it. :)

RiverRunsDeep

And if the proof of the pudding is in the scarfing, then your experiences should count in its favor. Just took a bite of the Reiki pie and found it mighty satisfying - once I finish the courses on my plate, I will surely return to finish it. :)

Ok, now you have made me hungry. :laugh: After you spend time experimenting with your crystals, I'd be interested to hear about your experiences.

Nyx-Knits

When my spiritual awakening started, one of the paths of study I was guided toward was the chakras. I did a lot of reading, collected my own set of chakra crystals, and started experimenting on my own.

Last week I took a crystal healing workshop, and part of the class was about using crystals to clean and recharge the chakras.

I find them so helpful that I will no longer meditate without them. I was finding that I was having a hard time putting the garnet I was using for my root chakra down. The next time I was at the crystal store they had a beautiful garnet worry stone right on top of the sale pile and of course it came home with me. When I read for myself with my chakra oracle cards there is always at least one root chakra card, and in my recent readings from others I have been told to spend more time in nature and do grounding activities.

In the class it was neat to see everyone's reactions. I tend to flush whenever I do any work with crystals, chakras, or the cards, and even though I warned them some of my classmates were surprised when I turned beet red. Others had shaking and trembling, and our guide got the giggles when it was her turn. Some people didn't physically react during the healing at all, but looked so relaxed and refreshed when it was over.

Our guide from the workshop is also a Reiki Master, and I have signed up for some classes in February. I'm still a little bit skeptical, but very open to learning something a bit beyond my current understanding. I have had Reiki performed on me once, and for the week following I pretty much got just the life essentials done and then slept the rest of the time. I don't exactly know what happened, and I know it will take more than one session of anything to help me (I have several auto-immune diseases), but *something* happened that affected me in an emotional, physical, and spiritual way.

I'm also interested in hearing about your experiences once you've been able to work with the crystals a bit. And of course if you delve into Reiki as well!