Crystal Questions

MidoriHime

Hi guys!

Planning to go crystal shopping in a few days and have a few questions. I know more about the business side of stones than the meanings side, so I'm sorry for the questions!

An easy one to start with - rose quartz (or clear quartz?) is generally used as a protective and/or cleansing crystal for decks, correct?

These may be a bit more difficult... Are there any crystals or gems that are good for travelers? For people starting new things (big changes)? For learning with a language and writing (this could be general creativity and/or communication)?

I'll also be getting an emerald (my birthstone, and its scary how much it relates to me!), so if you know if anything that would link to that and the questions (and to add a final one in, a stone for happiness/emotional calmness) that would be awesome!

Thank you so much!

GotH

Hi.. You could Google these for more info but I do know that Rose Quartz is used for emotional calmness and Amethyst is considered a protective traveling stone. And Clear Quartz helps with psychic clarity. Emeralds, I'm not really sure about but I know someone will be along soon who is knowledgeable about this one. :)

celticnoodle

Welcome to A.T., MidoriHime. I agree with GotH here, it may be better for you to google the crystals or just google something like this, "crystals good for travelers" and research them in this way.

The amethyst is also a good stone for decks. It will help the owner develop their psychic/intuitive abilities. Its also a protective crystal. Its one of my favorite crystals as is the rose quartz. That crystal, (rose quartz) is a great one for keeping one calm and relaxed emotionally and brings love your way and helps you to be more loving. It is a must have in any collection!

Its so wonderful too that you are so connected to the emerald--your birthstone! I like that crystal as well. Its another one to help with developing your intuitive side, specifically clairvoyance.

Other great protective stones are the black crystals like jet, black obsydian, and black onyx. There are many others too. Just google for what you are looking for and you'll find a lot of information on crystals. Good Luck to you! So good to have you here with us. Do share with us as you accumulate crystals and how you find they are helping you.

Padma

Hey Midori, welcome to AT :)

These guides from the Crystal Vaults (I am not affiliated with the website) are a compendium of all of the crystal masters' encyclopedias out there, like Melody, Cassandra Eason, Robert Simmons etc.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals/

The site is very useful for looking up meanings etc and the search function works best if you type in "meaning of ______" (whatever crystal) in the search bar. That way you don't go to the store side. But the meanings and uses should all be in the guides :) Hope that helps!

MidoriHime

Thanks for the info guys!

Thanks especially about the amethyst - I should have a chunk of that lying around somewhere...

And thanks for the website Padma, I'll go check it out!

One more question - does anyone know a good site to buy legit gems online? It's not an ideal option, but my town isn't that big haha! I know theres a store in town that stocks them, but I don't believe their selection is very big...

Padma

you can check the advertising section here, there are a few members who sell them.

You can also try Etsy and the site that I gave you has a store as well. Not sure about local shops, as I am not in Australia! Good luck :)

bleubohemian

buying stones on line

The best quality crystals I have ever purchased on line are at an etsy shop called blisscrystals. They are all hand picked by the owner, Jan, for quality and are amazing. And if there is a problem they work with you 100 percent to make sure your happy. Good luck!

MidoriHime

I ended up going to the shop. Despite their opening hours sign saying they were open, they had numerous closed signs placed on the windows... Will probably try again next week...

Went to an expo yesterday and got a few pieces. Two tumble stones of amethyst (one for my mother, as it's her birth stone), a rose quartz in a lovely ball and two opalite tumble stones. I absolutely ADORE these! Absolutely gorgeous stones, I want a chunk of it!

Grabbed some malachite and blue sandstone. Both are set as a necklace. Lovely cuts - think I'm addicted to the sandstone though! Was told by someone else at the expo that they're overpriced and not that great of quality... wish they'd said so earlier!

I also grabbed a tiger's eye necklace. Unfortunately, the stone has already come away from the necklace... considering it was bought less than 24 hours ago and is still in its pack (must have been bumped in my bag?) I'm not impressed!!!

celticnoodle

Oh, lovely, midorihime! I absolutely LOVE my amethysts! I have some tumble stones and also a few pieces of raw amethyst. I find them absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I just found a gemstore close to us when hubby & I were out walking around a shopping area yesterday. Naturally, we went INSIDE to check them out! :D

They had some gorgeous raw amethysts standing about 2 or 3' tall!!! I have never seen anything quite so beautiful--but the price tag was not so beautiful, as it was way out of my price range. Unless we hit the million dollar lottery....:laugh: If I ever did, I would most definitely purchase two of them and put one near me in my bedroom and another in our living room near my ancestor "wall". (pics of ancestors on the wall). But, its nice to dream of them anyway. :D I think you'll find your amethyst stone will bring a lot of beauty and peace to your life. It is also a great stone to meditate with and develop your intuition/psychic abilities. I LOVE MINE!!!

The rose quartz is another wonderful and fave of mine too! It is so gentle and so helpful! I often carry one in each of my front jean pockets when I am headed to anyplace where I know I'll be in a stressful situation/environment. It helps me a great deal.

The opalite is another beauty. I have a few of these tumbled stones too. They are so gorgeous, don't you think? I have a few that are quite milky looking. I picked them up because they are suppose to be very good for the health of your kidneys and I use to carry them on me too--but haven't for awhile. I have a kidney condition that I need to stay on top of-and figured this stone could very well help with me! I should probably pull them out again and carry them on me more. :laugh:

And, the malachites are great fun too. The ones I've picked out look like they have eyes or I can make out a face in them. Which is why I chose them. They are suppose to be good for healings too. I think on all levels. I love them too. They are also good for keeping evil spirits away, supposedly. I use to keep one with me all the time at the store I read cards in.

I don't have many tiger eyes, but I do love them too. Another great healing stone for bones and to also give one energy. I really should carry this one all the time too! :laugh:

I have a few sandstones as well. I think they are pretty too. I have one that is a beaded bracelet--and has a reddish brown speckled color to it. Very earthy feeling and looking. Another good one for bones.

At any rate, seems like you picked up some beauties! Enjoy them. If you think of it, you should post a picture of them. I still have to do this with some of my new beauties, and haven't yet. I recently just picked up a new clear quartz crystal ball, a kyanite, and a few others that I now cannot think of their names! lol. I'll try to get to it tomorrow and put a post up on my newly acquired gems. Not purchased at the store we found above--but in Arizona when we were there earlier this month.

Enjoy your crystals!! and thank you for sharing your news with us.

MidoriHime

Amethyst has always been something I'm fond of! I've got two raw pieces somewhere. A nice one that's roughly the size of a (small) clenched fist! Such a deep colour too! It was a gift from my grandfather who facets gems. But I haven't seen it in a while... I should probably keep a closer eye on it!

I agree with the quartz. It's so calming. It's confident but soft spoken, I really love it!

The opalite are so unique! It kind of reminds me of if the moon were more see through, haha! I've heard it's also good for infection and for sense of worth and sense of being, so it seems like a good daily all rounder to keep you happy in mind, body and soul! I keep one on my bedroom window shelf - it's still relatively bright at night, so I can see it glittering as I go to sleep~

I have to admit, I chose the malachite purely cuz I'm a green freak! (my username is Japanese for 'green princess', so... ;p) It's very vivid and I can't wait to wear it!

My tiger's eye is cut into some type of star shape (3d type star with numerous points) and was contained in a metal circle. I choose it since it looked like it was moving off in numerous directions, but it's still contained. Focusing on many things equally, type of thing I guess!

I'm hoping to head back to my local store this week, and will try to grab a few more beauties and will post a picture then~ I'd really love some eggs! Some Mookite would be lovely too! Maybe after I find some of my other lost ones too haha