bad juju with moldavite?

celticnoodle

When I feel I have drained a stone, I will cleanse it first for a week or two with selenite, then charge it for a month with a double terminated quartz wand. And then give it another month off in my jewelry box before wearing it again...and even then, sometimes they deliberately hide from me in the jewelry box when I look for them ;) when they are ready to play again, they will put themselves in front of my eyes as soon as I open the box!

We can take or drain an awful lot of energy from our stones.

Yes, I have selenite, so will definitely let it "rest" for awhile and then put it next to the selenite for awhile. I'll miss 'wearing' it--but perhaps I can find another pretty bauble to put on the chain for awhile and change things up a bit anyway. :) Feeling much better about it so far, thinking its just time for it to have a 'vacation' away from me for awhile. :D

I guess I was like a "psychic-vampire" to my moldavite of late. :laugh: I'll give it a rest for awhile--perhaps the remainder of the summer and see how "he" feels then about coming back to me. :D

thnx again, Padma.

HeatherRose

My experiences with crystals and stones, but especially with moldavite, is that when it's time for them to leave you, they will find a way to get "lost", break, move, or just urge you to remove them from your space or life. Just as they find ways into your space or life.

Astraea

My experiences with crystals and stones, but especially with moldavite, is that when it's time for them to leave you, they will find a way to get "lost", break, move, or just urge you to remove them from your space or life. Just as they find ways into your space or life.
That's been my experience, too. Very nicely stated!

celticnoodle

That's been my experience, too. Very nicely stated!

Oh dear! I hope I don't lose it or have it break or anything. I've taken it off and placed it near some cleansing crystals and will leave it there for the time being. Giving it a few weeks or months to 'rest' and I'll see what happens then.

Thank you for your responses--but I do hope you are wrong there!

Padma

Well...but crystals do have minds of their own...

I have let SO SO SO many of my own crystals go, as they seem to want to hop onto other people. I can see the attraction, and I let them go with love. They (crystals) are nurses, and want to help people. Can't keep a good nurse down!

And I get crystals from others, for the same reasons. The owners of the crystals (caretakers?) say, "oh, Padma, it wants to be with you, it will look great on you, please take it." So I do, because what I know and understand about crystals, is that we just look after them until they are ready to move on and help someone else :)

Let it rest, and if it loves you, i.e. if you still need what it has to offer, it will come back to you! ;)

Astraea

Oh dear! I hope I don't lose it or have it break or anything. I've taken it off and placed it near some cleansing crystals and will leave it there for the time being. Giving it a few weeks or months to 'rest' and I'll see what happens then.

Thank you for your responses--but I do hope you are wrong there!
Don't worry, celticnoodle - I think what HeatherRose and I are saying is just that your moldavite might have fulfilled a particular purpose for you, so that you no longer need it in a therapeutic sense. I don't want to put words in HeatherRose's mouth, that's just what I get from her post and it's something I've often noticed with crystals.

There's a difference between depleting a crystal (such that it wants cleansing/charging), and simply needing a break from its energies. If another stone would work better for you at this time, cleansing your moldavite won't alter that situation (even though periodic cleansing of crystals is a good thing).

Suppose, for example, that your moldavite has helped you to process something in your life and now a phase of that work is complete; as a result and direct consequence of your partnership with the moldavite, another kind of stone might need to be brought in to do some light housekeeping, so to speak. In other words, the moldavite itself might be prompting you to change up the established dynamic.

Everything with energy is fluid, and there's no reason for you to disassociate from your moldavite; divorce is not necessary! Just be open to the possibility that a new influx of energy might build on the lovely relationship you've forged with the moldavite. This is not an end, but an expansion of possibilities that includes your moldavite, augmenting the experience you've forged with it.

celticnoodle

Well...but crystals do have minds of their own...

I have let SO SO SO many of my own crystals go, as they seem to want to hop onto other people. I can see the attraction, and I let them go with love. They (crystals) are nurses, and want to help people. Can't keep a good nurse down!

And I get crystals from others, for the same reasons. The owners of the crystals (caretakers?) say, "oh, Padma, it wants to be with you, it will look great on you, please take it." So I do, because what I know and understand about crystals, is that we just look after them until they are ready to move on and help someone else :)

Let it rest, and if it loves you, i.e. if you still need what it has to offer, it will come back to you! ;)

Padma, what a lovely post. It would break my heart to let go of the moldavite, but after reading this, I do understand what you mean. Its almost like having a child. You can't hold onto them forever and one day may have to let them go free on their own--to a 'new' life. *sigh*.

I will have to wait and see what this crystal needs. And, if I find it needs to move on, I hope I can find the right person for it.

celticnoodle

Don't worry, celticnoodle - I think what HeatherRose and I are saying is just that your moldavite might have fulfilled a particular purpose for you, so that you no longer need it in a therapeutic sense. I don't want to put words in HeatherRose's mouth, that's just what I get from her post and it's something I've often noticed with crystals.

yes, very true. It has helped me a lot over the last few years.

There's a difference between depleting a crystal (such that it wants cleansing/charging), and simply needing a break from its energies. If another stone would work better for you at this time, cleansing your moldavite won't alter that situation (even though periodic cleansing of crystals is a good thing).

Suppose, for example, that your moldavite has helped you to process something in your life and now a phase of that work is complete; as a result and direct consequence of your partnership with the moldavite, another kind of stone might need to be brought in to do some light housekeeping, so to speak. In other words, the moldavite itself might be prompting you to change up the established dynamic.
you know, you are right. This moldavite actually came into my life at a very traumatic time. It has helped me a lot through that time--and I've worn it nearly every single day since the day I purchased it. That traumatic day turned into many rough years--but every day I conquered - perhaps with the moldavites help. I have most recently really became aware of my place and how to continue forward in regards to all htat has occurred and is still continuing. So, maybe this is also why the moldavite seems to be fighting me now. It has completed its 'job' and is done.

I'll wait and see how "we" feel with each other in a few weeks/months. If it is time for it to move on--I hope I am able to find the right person for the moldavite to continue on with its gifts. If not, perhaps the moldavite, (I"m always drawn to call it a "He" for some reason...), will be content to sit with my other crystals and come out to play only now and again. Or, if I can find the RIGHT person to pass it on to--begin a new life with someone else.

Everything with energy is fluid, and there's no reason for you to disassociate from your moldavite; divorce is not necessary! Just be open to the possibility that a new influx of energy might build on the lovely relationship you've forged with the moldavite. This is not an end, but an expansion of possibilities that includes your moldavite, augmenting the experience you've forged with it.

:) I do hope that I won't need "divorce" from it. :D It is one of my favorite crystals.

T.Y. both, for your posts. :)

ana luisa

Sorry for coming with a side question but how do you wear crystals ? Are they encrusted in a ring, necklace or do you carry them in your bags or pockets ? I would like to "wear" my lucky crystal (acquamarine) but won't risk wearing jewelry on the streets of Rio... Is the carrying good enough or does it have to be in direct contact with the skin ?

celticnoodle

Sorry for coming with a side question but how do you wear crystals ? Are they encrusted in a ring, necklace or do you carry them in your bags or pockets ? I would like to "wear" my lucky crystal (acquamarine) but won't risk wearing jewelry on the streets of Rio... Is the carrying good enough or does it have to be in direct contact with the skin ?

My moldavite and peitersite both are wrapped in silver wire to wear as a pendant. I have a pretty 'charm' holder that goes on a chain, and have them hanging together with other charms and wear it this way. I'll go get it and take a picture to include here in a bit, so you can see what I mean.