Can't 'feel' crystals?

uraszz

I used to think I couldn't feel crystals, either, because I couldn't feel their energy with my hands. But by accident, I found that if I lie down in a darkened room and put the crystal on my Third Eye, I can feel a deep connection on several levels, starting with a feeling that I am inside the crystalline structure of that individual stone, and continuing on to getting a feel for its energy and receiving messages.

Shamanic journeying is another way I have been able to connect deeply with crystals.

Actually, the only time I can recall getting a strong feeling from a stone with my hands was when I put them on this absolutely gigantic piece of Puddingstone when I was on vacation in Ontario. I could feel this tingling sensation, and I got so excited!

I have to try this! Do you see the crystalline structure in your mind?

-uraszz

Padma

choosing crystals is definitely a gut related thing ;) They tend to pick us, I find. I will often go into a store looking for a particular stone, only to come out with something distinctly other than what I went in to buy!

Black tourmaline is a wonderful, all purpose kind of stone. Did you know that despite its black colour, it is known as "the sunshine stone"? That is because it disintegrates negativity :)

Good luck with your entrance into the crystal world (they are like potato chips - you can't have just one!), and with your Mary-El, too :heart:

AnemoneRosie

Oh lol I wasn't talking about reading, I was talking about the energies of crystals. Thank you!

-uraszz

I'm talking about the energies, too. I can't feel them, I think because I am more likely to hear energies. But I can't hear crystals, so.

uraszz

I'm talking about the energies, too. I can't feel them, I think because I am more likely to hear energies. But I can't hear crystals, so.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding! When you say hearing the energies are you talking about something like Clairaudience?

-uraszz

uraszz

choosing crystals is definitely a gut related thing ;) They tend to pick us, I find. I will often go into a store looking for a particular stone, only to come out with something distinctly other than what I went in to buy!

Black tourmaline is a wonderful, all purpose kind of stone. Did you know that despite its black colour, it is known as "the sunshine stone"? That is because it disintegrates negativity :)

Good luck with your entrance into the crystal world (they are like potato chips - you can't have just one!), and with your Mary-El, too :heart:

I didn't know it was called that though it does seem very fitting

Thank you very much, I don't know how active I'll be with crystals but I'm definitely letting that 'gut feeling' guide me so I can benefit and learn from them as much as possible

-uraszz

RiverRunsDeep

choosing crystals is definitely a gut related thing ;) They tend to pick us, I find.

I totally agree with Padma on this!

I usually "feel" the energy of my crystals only when I am in need of their specific benefits. For example, I have a black tourmaline which is normally just another black stone in my hands. Yet, when I am feeling anxious, I am drawn to hold it, and I end up feeling more calm and grounded. Same thing with my blue and purple colored stones...I am more drawn to them when I need to meditate deeply or need clarity in my dreams.

So, yes, trust your gut!

linnie

When I was talking about feeling I was talking about the energies of the crystals, not certain messages or not lol Getting that "buzzing" feeling is interesting and one I've only felt with that black tourmaline I was talking about. I think it was a good choice on my part

-uraszz
Doh... oops ... that's what I actually meant... but I thought you meant it in the context of reading with them... I reread your post and that's not what you were saying at all! :) Sorry to confuse you :eek: I had a particularly strong but gentle (if that makes sense) buzzing, or more a pleasant tingling, the very first time I picked up a beautiful Rainforest Jasper... it called me to it, and as soon as I cupped it in my hands it felt like it was giving me a loving, tingly hug... I gave it one back... every time I hold it, I get that feeling back, whereas other crystals certainly do seem to change with my own vibe or whatever.

I'm very glad you've found the stone you need and were looking for right now... I went through a period where I couldn't get enough of that stone, and then bit by bit I was coaxed elsewhere :D

I totally agree with Padma and others re crystals picking us, too... when one buzzes, I feel as much like its chosen me as I've chosen it! :D

AnemoneRosie

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding! When you say hearing the energies are you talking about something like Clairaudience?

-uraszz

Yes. Clairaudience is my jam, but it doesn't work with crystals, or it doesn't for me, anyway.
I think I need to find an alternative methodology.

celticnoodle

What SilverCloudedWolf posted. (and, thanks SCW for that link!)

Also what Padma said below-

Some people get it right away, for others it can take time. I feel crystals sharply and strongly, but I have felt a pull to stones of any kind since I was a very small child.

Sometimes it takes a particular stone to awaken your understanding of how they speak.

And in conclusion, even if you don't ever get physical buzz from them, or "get" how they work, they will still be able to work with you and help you! Understanding is not required - just let them choose you, and let them do their thing ;)

Here is another good link for looking up crystals and meanings.

https://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals
esp. what I bolded and put in black.

I don't always 'feel' anything with a particular crystal either, but I do know they work for me.

Also, it may help to spend time with a particular crystal. It may or may not work. meditate with it or just keep ONE crystal with you - carried in your pocket or in your purse, and take it out now and again and hold it in your hands. Sometimes this can help.

I agree! And, years ago, I had a prophetic dream/spirit visit that predicted a trip I was making w/my sister to a psychic/new age expo. The spirit was my aunt and she lead me to a table in the back far corner of the expo and told me I needed to purchase this green skull.

We had never been to the place where the expo was, but it was EXACTLY like my dream and I walked straight back to the table where that green skull was to be. I was determined to purchase it. Sadly, I couldn't find it! So, I asked the lady working that table and she told me she had JUST sold it to the person before I came up to the table. :eek:

So, sadly, it went to someone else. I've come close to purchasing other green skull crystals, however, I haven't yet done so. When I pick them up, they just aren't right some how. So, I'm still on the lookout! :D

Auntie also came to me and told me to buy this one raw amethyst crystal. I did get that, luckily! But, the majority of my crystals have come to me because I just see them and get that gut instinct that I MUST BUY. they can be as addictive as buying tarot cards. :D

Love this last line! :laugh:

Padma

Yes. Clairaudience is my jam, but it doesn't work with crystals, or it doesn't for me, anyway.
I think I need to find an alternative methodology.

Try Super Seven (Melody's stone). That one is freaking *alive*, I can tell you that! I had a pendant of it, felt like I was carting an eye around on my chest. That sensation kind of freaked me out, so I gave it to someone who was not able to feel crystals at all.

It's said to be very good for clairaudience.

Also, it may help to spend time with a particular crystal. It may or may not work. meditate with it or just keep ONE crystal with you - carried in your pocket or in your purse, and take it out now and again and hold it in your hands. Sometimes this can help.

Agreed! Making a conscious effort to connect can sometimes help.