cinnamon

celticnoodle

Yes it's early but I couldn't help but slowly wake to the sound of rain. It's pouring outside! :heart: Going back to sleep for a couple of more hours.. If I can't fall back asleep I might just get up and enjoy the rainy morning with a hot brew. It's amazing how much more refreshed I feel now that I don't drink wine at night anymore..

:thumbsup: hope you are able to sleep for a bit longer then to the relaxing sound of the rain. I find it very meditative. if not, enjoy it still with your morning brew---and add cinnamon! :D

yannie

oh, Yannie, can you share the recipe for that?! We LOVE Ricotta cheese here in this house. I'd love to try to make my own. Sounds great!

I like to follow the recipe from this website:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2011/06/rich-homemade-ricotta/

I use a ratio of 3:1 whole milk to heavy cream (aka whipping cream in some parts of the world, like mine).

Also, all the homemade ricotta websites I viewed say not to use UHT milk but I've found that to be a load of tosh. Fresh milk isn't readily available in Singapore because we have no live cows for that, so I use UHT (the type that sits unrefridgerated on shelves until opened, even) & it worked out fine. Just need to boil a little longer, & there really is no need for a thermometer to check the temp, just watch the bubbles. (For anyone in the world who also lives in a country with no live cows & can't be bothered with a cooking thermometer.)

But, lucky you CN, you probably have ready access to fresh whole milk so you can use that :)

& instead of cheesecloth, a good-sized tea sock can also be used. So much cheaper, & reusable (unlike cheesecloth which I've found can only last two or three uses).

GotH

:thumbsup: hope you are able to sleep for a bit longer then to the relaxing sound of the rain. I find it very meditative. if not, enjoy it still with your morning brew---and add cinnamon! :D

Thanks.. I did get back to sleep and woke up just as refreshed. I think I just sleep better when it rains.. :)

Well, I think I had my fill of cinnamon last night. I'm not craving it anymore. Will still be enjoying this thread though..

:)

Cocobird55

I remember just eating cinnamon sticks when I was a kid. I'm think about trying that again. No one has mentioned, so I wonder if there is a problem with it.

CosmicBeing

I remember just eating cinnamon sticks when I was a kid. I'm think about trying that again. No one has mentioned, so I wonder if there is a problem with it.

Isn't that really spicy? I see no issue...I mean cinnamon sticks are ground up to make cinnamon dust/powder if I am correct...so can't see a problem with it except that it would be very spicy.