His intentions?

Midsummereve

Hello all,

As part of a larger reading, I asked a question about someone's intentions towards me. I kept the question open to see what my cards would have to "say" on that.

I got:
9 of wands
The Sun
10 of wands

The Sun, representing clarity of thought, is framed here by 2 Wands cards that talk of being guarded and on the defensive (9 of wands) and over-burdened or struggling (10 of wands).

I am not seeing intentions here, but rather the depiction of a state of mind. Could this mean that the person in question has no intentions whatsoever towards me right now?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda

I would say, consider that the Sun/face might actually represent someone else overseeing everything going on by the man in the 9, the little boy on the horse, and the man in the 10. Then perhaps, you'll get a better idea of his intentions and how careful he must be and how controlled they are. God forbid he should do something to upset the life-giving Sun... perhaps why in direct contact, he becomes that innocent little boy having LOTS of FUN in all the "kid-tested, mother-approved" ways.

Laurelle

His intention might be to get you to do something that you might disprove of. He's guarded about it and feels like it's some kind of burden.

That's the way I would read those cards together.

Cheating comes to mind. Something deceitful.

Midsummereve

I would say, consider that the Sun/face might actually represent someone else overseeing everything going on by the man in the 9, the little boy on the horse, and the man in the 10. Then perhaps, you'll get a better idea of his intentions and how careful he must be and how controlled they are. God forbid he should do something to upset the life-giving Sun... perhaps why in direct contact, he becomes that innocent little boy having LOTS of FUN in all the "kid-tested, mother-approved" ways.

Amanda,

This reminds me of your brilliant interpretation of the 9 of pentacles (the woman with the "pet bird") in a previous reading of mine. Yes, the Sun here is staring straight at us and overlooks what the "kid" does down below, occupying center stage as the man stands with his battle wounds and struggles to carry his wands on each side of it. My first impulse on seeing the cards was that the Sun was staring at me, but I brushed it aside and looked at the usual meanings of the card. I should have stayed with my instinct concerning the Sun in order to make sense of the 3 cards together, as you did.
Thank you so much!

Midsummereve

His intention might be to get you to do something that you might disprove of. He's guarded about it and feels like it's some kind of burden.

That's the way I would read those cards together.

Cheating comes to mind. Something deceitful.

Hey Laurelle,

Thanks for this.
Would the 5 of the 7 of Swords not have come up to signify deceit?
So how do you see the Sun here?

spookyboo22

Hi
I feel this guy thinks you are hot, maybe a bit too hot to handle
He's a hit it and quit it kind of guy and he senses you are after more from him than he can give because he has battle fatigue from a previous relationship. So maybe he won't be doing anything about it just now. Things could change though in the future. The sun is strong x

Midsummereve

Hi
I feel this guy thinks you are hot, maybe a bit too hot to handle
He's a hit it and quit it kind of guy and he senses you are after more from him than he can give because he has battle fatigue from a previous relationship. So maybe he won't be doing anything about it just now. Things could change though in the future. The sun is strong x

Hi!
Thanks for this.
Which card makes you say that the guy is a "hit it and quit it" type of person?

spookyboo22

Its a phase hes in right now . People go through stages , sometimes wanting something serious, then other times not so much. Looking at the cards together not looking at them individually x

spookyboo22

If you put it on a plate for him he would oblige but he wouldn't stick around so he thinks best to move along . The ten of wands makes me think he has baggage x