How do you store your cards?

plant witch

Lately I've become dissatisfied with the way I store my decks. I keep the one I'm currently working with in a tarot card sized chest on my altar, which I'm fine with. My problem lies with how I store my other 3 decks. My altar is the top of a 'cube storage' shelf where the drawers are cubed mesh bins and I keep my cards in a mesh bin with my other divination things like my runes and pendulum. The bottom of the bin is full but volume wise it's pretty empty, does that make sense?

I think I'm unhappy with the depth of the bin, it just feels so empty in there and it makes storing crystals with my cards awkward. The emptiness of the bin makes things feel impersonal. I'm so sorry if I'm not making sense!

So, how do you store your cards?

DesertDream

There are pretty graphic boxes at doller general, fairly cheap and very sturdy, they also come in different sizes. I keep about 6 decks oracle and tarot in it. The others in plain cardbored but im going to get a DG box, bigger this time for a growing collection :)

Oh yeah all are in their boxes they came with too, no special treatment there!

Thunder

If you don't have a lot of decks then you might like something like this (pic 1) (pic 2). I got this box at some store for $10 it's wooden so it was really good price for it. You can look trough old stuff to find something like this, or antique store, or garage sale maybe. :)

VGimlet

In my china cabinet. And in the shelves of my entertainment center (it has glass fronted doors).

swedishfish612

I have two of those long, flat plastic boxes meant for storing items under the bed. I keep the vast majority of my decks in those 2 boxes, under my bed.

I also have two small, vintage suitcases. One is a bit larger than the other. I keep my absolute favorite decks (about 7-8 of them) in the larger suitcase, and I keep my Tarot bags and reading cloths in the smaller box.

I typically store all decks in their original boxes, and when I use the deck I choose a Tarot bag to keep it in while I'm using it. I love to switch out Tarot bags and reading cloths all the time!

Yelell

If you don't have a lot of decks then you might like something like this (pic 1) (pic 2). I got this box at some store for $10 it's wooden so it was really good price for it. You can look trough old stuff to find something like this, or antique store, or garage sale maybe. :)

That's pretty much exactly what I do. They sell those decorative treasure chest things at Family Dollar in different sizes for pretty cheap.

lark

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=237945
I just did a thread about the new way I store mine.
Just picked up an extra box set at JoAnn Fabrics on sale for 17.00 with a coupon.
I really really like this way of storing my decks.
If you have a smaller collection there is a box that holds six...they come in 6..12...and 16.

nisaba

So, how do you store your cards?

I have a number of wicker baskets with a dozen or so similarly-themed decks in each. I keep a number of decks in a suitcase. And I keep probably eighty or so in and around a massive wicker basket.

Within those, some are in original packaging, some are in bags, and a couple of dozen favourites are in tie-dyed watered-silk wraps.

Think that's extreme? Gregory built a whole new room on her house for her collection when it became unmanageable! I could only desire a whole Tarot-room - and enough decks to fill it!

Alta

I have some PVC cabinets (not air tight) that I got in Staples. Each little drawer holds about 10 decks. I keep an ongoing spreadsheet which I can search and it tells me where each deck is within the system asI now have a number of these cabinets. I try to keep majors only decks together, and LoScarabeo decks together but that's all the system I have. :)

LoonyLuna

A whole Tarot room!! Puts my three decks to shame :D