Is it easier to read for yourself or others?

nisaba

I don´t know anyone in RL who knows how to read.

EDIT; Oh, but I do! The lady in the occult shop. I have got her to read for me a couple of times when it was really important. Can´t believe I forgot that.

<grin> And was the reading worthwhile? If so, go back when you have issues, and/or once a year for a general checkup reading. And tell people in your community. Word of mouth is the best advertising (or deterrent). As a public reader, I love it.

Emeraud

Ive read the cards twice now for others, and it was certainly harder for me than reading the cards for myself. It could be because I have a lovely get in the zone ritual for myself before I sit down to read for me. With the readings for friends I didn't relax myself into the zone, I listened a lot, shuffled the cards as we're talking, and then boom they ask, "So you ready?" "Umm, yeah?" I replied.

Now, if I'm reading people without the cards, which I can do, that's easy. But I've had years of experience doing that and I'm only now coming to recognize what I was doing.

Nemia

It's a different kind of difficult. Reading for myself, most cards seem pretty obvious. I'm at a point in my life where I really don't have urgent or painful questions, just insight questions or how to overcome an obstacle, but nothing much is at stake for me in my readings. I know that I have to dig a bit deeper and make a better effort, and I do. I nearly always discover an aspect I didn't think aboout before. But I have to push myself a bit to leave the "oh I know, it's THAT again" comfort zone (or discomfort zone).

Reading for others, I really use every hint the cards can give me. It's always easier to make an effort for others! I fear I gave some sloppy readings to myself... and I'm much harsher on myself than on others.

Maru

I do fine reading myself. As long as you don't take yourself and life too seriously and give time for cards to speak up, for ideas to manifest, reveal themselves... it can be very rewarding. Patience being the key to reaping bigger home truths from readings... I rather love the process, because it's a great division between my internal babbling and allowing for the universe to more or less speak for itself... I guess my readings are more of a channel session, but I find that it's very empowering.

Similar to my spiritual system.. patience is the key to good manifestation, in this case, great readings. Practicing ideas of self-containment (non-projection of self), holding onto smaller clues with hope they may reap bigger results over time... patience being the primary key to unlocking those bigger insights... but it's a privilege to look. If you go after "truth" with a 7S mentality, then you won't get the bigger prizes divination can offer... just like short-term gratification often means we cut ourselves short (pun not intended) when it comes to long-term prizes. May never get there or it may take much longer than anticipated.

When reading others, I can't turn off the little voice sometimes that says certain querents are basically going about things a completely wrong way. I try to be enthusiastic for them when it comes to smaller wins when it comes to the query, but the little voice is always there that says the client is shooting themselves in the foot... and will likely keep doing so repeatedly. As such, I don't get much out of reading for people who don't want to help themselves to see the bigger truths as to why they don't feel fulfilled in life. Which there are many of those folk in this field who only care about short-term wins such as getting the attention of a hard to get love interest or validating some positive self-prophecy. They're absolutely convinced they are right, only look to using third party readings as a lazily guided missile, and believing that path will bring them much longed for escape from unhappiness... very much 9 of Cups thinking.

aquamarinekat

I've only read for 2 other people - close to me. That is fine. I haven't had the courage to read for strangers / people I don't know well. I might try next Pagan Picnic or somewhere open-minded about it.

I do prefer my self-reading though. I try to relate the cards as best as possible, and also note when I was right about this or wrong about this.

I asked several months ago if I should 'focus on school or focus on work', because I was afraid I was splitting my attention too much. I don't have my journal, but essential the answer I got was 'apprenticeship'.

I ended up at a paid internship that finished my degree. Apprenticeship, indeed. Well played, cards.