4 of cups as what someone wants

Adriana

Sorry- I posted this reply in the wrong thread and don't know how to delete the entire post, so I just deleted the text. Please excuse.

No problem :)

Trogon

Thank you for adding this!
Its certainly another valid interpretation of the 4 C. Im wondering if both yours and Thirteen and knightofthecosmos are all right. Because from what I gather about this male not counting tarot is that he wants all; excitement, new feelings, but also someone to be a constant and emotionally stable. I haven't seen the Donna Reed show.

Your take on the lovers is interesting too. The mystic dreamer is supposed to follow the symbolic meanings of the RW, but between the lovers in this card there is a sword, sheated I think, and it looks somewhat more tenacious than the regular lovers.

Well, romantic relationships are complicated. But then, people are complicated. So, it's entirely possible that all of our interpretations fit to one degree or another. But that's where one's intuition comes into play when we're actually doing the reading ... how to fit the interpretation to what you feel from the client and the situation.

Aset

Depending on the rest of the spread, I wouldn't say that the person is bored or that they're thinking of finding excitement somewhere else. To me these cards simply say that they want emotional stability (4 of cups), and they see them self as having Geminian characteristics (The Lovers). Which makes sense to me as airy types often aren't overly comfortable in intense emotional situations - they prefer simplicity in emotional exchanges. Basically, "no drama".

Edited to add: I just read all the other responses, and the way you are describing him sounds very much like a lively Gemini to me ;)