Oracle of Visions: Card Twelve

Onyx

The Angel of Fate, the Guardian Angel watches the creation and birth of a child.

The card represents the working of fate, destiny and protection.

It is a very interesting thing to consider the connection of the fate we all bear, the destiny we can all fulfill and the hand of protection that watches over us. As I consider this idea I have them a bit a purposes. Destiny is that challenge that we all aspire to complete. The Destiny that we are placed in the world to reach with our strife and our effort. This to me indicates that we must face a danger, a trial, and endurance that is to face the fear and chance of failure. The full Destiny is to engage the chance that we will be hurt, to be in chance of even facing our own death to achieve.

The Fate aspect is even more capricious. Fate brings us chance of joy, love, opportunity and chance to pursue happiness. The fate of us all is also to inevitably to face the dark hand of death, sickness, weakness state of body that we will all succumb. To say that Fate is fickle is a cliche that we all have to accept and to understand that there is haunting fate that we all must surrender.

We will have our Fate become real even if we are not to find the success to achieve our Destiny. Still here in this card that we are seeing these two ideas combined with that of protection. Is our Fate and Destiny assured and part of a grander, cosmic plan? Is there someone out there a Guardian Angel that looks to ensure that we are where we need to be to find our ultimate purpose in life. If so, then this is a card that will remind us that were are part of a grander plan. If not then we are confronted with the fact that we are at the crux of a choice overtime we act. Do we pursue our destiny, engage the danger to be what we were created to be? Do we shrink back and ensure our own protection? All the while knowing that Fate will find us one day regardless of the choice that we make each day. How we find that Fate is up to us and we will carry the rewards and the consequences of those actions.

DragonFae

I simply must reflect on this one a bit more....Fate, Destiny, and Protection....complicated ideas! :bugeyed: